Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Sending to render queue all cameras at once?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sending to render queue all cameras at once?

Hello:

Is this currently possible? I am testing a huge scene with 55 cameras and want to send all to queue without having to go one by one specifying image name, saving location, etc.
    Is there a way to do this? Thanks.

Cheers

Hi cadman5,

No, this is currently not possible. Will add it as a feature request.

Best regards,
    Alexander
    Alexander Atanasov

V-Ray for Unreal & Chaos Vantage QA

Chaos

Comment

Thanks Alexander, appreciated.
      On a separate topic, would be possible to add jpg as another format option to save besides png? Thanks.

Comment

Yes, I will also add your request for support for jpeg file type.

Best regards,
        Alexander
        Alexander Atanasov

Chaos

Comment

Thanks Alexander!

Comment

JPEG support will be available in the next Vantage update.
            Nikola Goranov
            Chaos Developer

Comment

Thanks Nikola

Comment

Put me down for having a way to submit multiple animation jobs to Vantage for rendering, if it could work with Deadline that would be awesome!

Comment

Any update on this?
                  I can see that it is possible to add still cameras to the queue.

If I have 20 animated cameras in 3dsmax how do I queue them to render in vantage?

Comment

As vray gpu already works with Deadline is it the same engine under the hood?

Am not clear on how vantage differs from Vray gpu?

If a scene is 8gb vram in vantage is it 8gb in vray gpu?
                    Is it possible to set vray gpu to get similar speed to vantage e.g. set G.I. bounces to 1, reflection depth to 3

Comment

Hi pg1,

You could refer to this thread for more info on the topic: https://forums.chaos.com/forum/chaos...gpu-vs-vantage
                      Chaos Vantage and V-Ray for Unreal Team Lead
                      vladislav.vulchev@chaosgroup.com

Comment

Hi pg1 ,

I can see that it is possible to add still cameras to the queue.
                        There is a Camera enqueue mode option in the Render setup dialog next to the camera thumbnail:https://drive.google.com/file/d/1mMR...ew?usp=sharing
                        When all is checked and you click on Add to Queue, all scene cameras will be added in the render queue.

If I have 20 animated cameras in 3dsmax how do I queue them to render in vantage?
                        That is currently not possible within Vantage. You would have to manually replace the Active camera on the camera track in the Animation editor and render the sequence: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1exo...ew?usp=sharing
                        We will improve on this in the future.

Best regards,
                        Alexander
                        Alexander Atanasov

Chaos

Comment

Thanks Alexander, the gif and .mp4 explain it perfectly.

Vantage is fast to render but it can still take a half hour to do 200 frames.

When I have 20 cameras that is still 10 hours of rendering.

Staying up all night to manually replace active cameras is not really a practical solution so it will be great when you add a queue feature

Stacking the cameras in the time isnt really an option either. If each camera is 200 frames long and there are 20 that is 4000 frames which means the export time is high.

Really the issue is that a lot companies have built pipelines that automate tasks in 3dsmax. I use renderpass manager or renderstacks to change camera, move lights, change visibility of objects, materials, automate output paths etc.

This all works well with Deadline. What is needed is the ability to use vray vantage as a renderer, just like in max where you can choose vray cpu or vray gpu and then submit this vray vantage render to deadline. This respects all the pipelines already built at no extra work for you
                          Render is handled on 20 different machines so I can continue to work.

Comment

Hi pg1 ,

There is sort of a workaround if you want to render render multiple animated cameras. You can drag them in the Camera track in the animation editor and do a sequence render: https://drive.google.com/uc?id=1cB0_...MhopN2GpLVivuq However if you do that and there are animated objects, they will only animate for the first camera in the sequence.

Best regards,
                            Alexander
                            Alexander Atanasov

Chaos

Comment

Originally posted by pg1 View Post

This all works well with Deadline. What is needed is the ability to use vray vantage as a renderer, just like in max where you can choose vray cpu or vray gpu and then submit this vray vantage render to deadline. This respects all the pipelines already built at no extra work for you
                              Render is handled on 20 different machines so I can continue to work.
                              This really needs to happen, Vantage is going to be my go to option for animation from this point forward. We need a way to send multiple cameras to a queue, deadline is a great program and should be compatible.

Comment

Working...
                              X