Vantage viewport aspect ratio

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vantage viewport aspect ratio

Is it possible to use in Vantage's viewport to use the same aspect ratio as 3dsmax's one? Right now I have a vertical viewport in Max, but I can't seem to match it, unless I render an image or a video sequence.

Hi Joezeta,

You can change it by expanding the Advanced Resolution settings, then unlock the aspect using the lock button, and then change the resolution or aspect sliders:
    https://drive.google.com/uc?id=1svuQ..._JDa3acPLKwhFl

Best regards,
    Alexander
    Alexander Atanasov

V-Ray for Unreal & Chaos Vantage QA

Chaos

Comment

Alexander.Atanasov Is it possible to add an option to save custom camera aspect ratios? e.g. I often render few views in 16:9 and few in 4:5, but I need to manually change aspect ratio in Rhino, and then unlock aspect in vantage , set it to 0.8 to match the aspect of rhino viewport. Then in rendering snapshot dialog change the aspect ratio againt to match it.
      It will speedup workflow in huge if some of them can be linked, or just to preset custom aspects in vantage settings.

Comment

Hi pavol_pastork,

I will log it in our system, but cannot say when it will become available. I will inform you when there is some development.

Best regards,
        Alexander
        Last edited by Alexander.Atanasov; 02-06-2022, 01:21 AM.
        Alexander Atanasov

V-Ray for Unreal & Chaos Vantage QA

Chaos

Comment

Originally posted by Alexander.Atanasov View Post
          Hi Joezeta,

You can change it by expanding the Advanced Resolution settings, then unlock the aspect using the lock button, and then change the resolution or aspect sliders:
          https://drive.google.com/uc?id=1svuQ..._JDa3acPLKwhFl

Best regards,
          Alexander
          Unless I'm mistaken, this method doesn't work with Sketchup's "two-point perspective" camera setting.
          Windows 10 - RTX 3090 - AMD Ryzen 9 5950X - 128 Go RAM
          Sketchup PRO 24.0.553 + V-Ray 6.20.04
          3DS Max 2024.2.3 + V-Ray 6.20.06
          Chaos Vantage 2.4.0
          GeForce Studio Ready Driver Version 546.01​

Comment

Working...
          X