Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

vr goggles, wireless and multi user, vantage/enscape?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• vr goggles, wireless and multi user, vantage/enscape?

hello. i would like to know if i can do wireless vr in an htc headset from vantage?

i see that there are devices that allow wireless connections to the htc headsets which is great. occulus can use wifi 6 it also. so then can vantage work with it? will vantage morph into enscape (which isn't available for 3ds max). can an exe file from enscape run on a pc and use the wireless connection to goggles?

finally, what about multi-user sessions? on the enscape forums i've see a lot of requests for that feature since 2019 but haven't seen any responses on where they are.

thanks!

Hi s_gru,

Currently you cannot create a standalone .exe, VR and multi-user session are not supported in Chaos Vantage. We have them logged as requests in our system but are not that high of a priority for us at the moment. However, when some development is made we will inform you. As for the Enscape questions I am not aware if multi-user sessions are in the works, I think you could use wireless HMD with Enscape but I would suggest to ask on their forums for more detailed information.

Best regards,
    Alexander
    Alexander Atanasov

V-Ray for Unreal & Chaos Vantage QA

Chaos

Comment

thanks. there's a lot in flux i'm sure with this tech. there's a system out there called "the wild" and there's some neat features in that. the bottom line to me is, how easy is it for a designer to quick look at a vr world to experience the space. ideally it would be a wireless set of goggles at everyone's desk then 1 button. right now we use enscape but only on-screen for designers and meetings. i'd like to see optional features like multi-user sessions, but again that has to be the 1 button experience as well. anyway i'm looking forward to whatever comes.

Comment

Has there been any change on this, it would be great if we could use Vantage in VR.

Comment

This is something that should be a priority by now, I would have thought. I won't be renewing my subscription without it.

Comment

Originally posted by justini View Post
            This is something that should be a priority by now, I would have thought. I won't be renewing my subscription without it.
            I agree with you. Chaos @Alexander.Atanasov​, you should prioritize support for VR Headset and standalone.exe. For example, I have clients in the furniture industry who want to showcase their furniture to their customers in real-time through VR goggles. Without this, your potential users are being taken by Unreal Engine. For instance, I find it convenient to work only with Vantagem. Please consider and think about this.

Comment

VR support will be added in the coming months.
              Nikola Goranov
              Chaos Developer

Comment

Working...
              X