Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DOF & Animations

Hi,
    I'm using live link from max to Vantage and have set the DOF in Vantage however, when I select "Render Animation with Chaos Vantage" in max, the DOF in Vantage only lasts for one frame then it turns off.
    Is there a way to keep the DOF on for the full animation?
    Thanks,
    N

Hi N,

When rendering animation through Live Link I would suggest setting camera, environment and lighting setups in Max.

Best regards,
    Alexander
    Alexander Atanasov

V-Ray for Unreal & Chaos Vantage QA

Chaos

Comment

That worked, thanks Alexander!

On another subject, when I have the live link working and want to make some changes in max, it's incredibly slow. It still happens when I turn off the update in Vantage and also close Vantage.

Comment

There have been some improvements to the V-Ray for Max exporter recently. I'm not sure if they are already included in an update or only in nightlies (more likely the latter). Try to keep V-Ray up-to-date, maybe things will improve a bit.
        Nikola Goranov
        Chaos Developer

Comment

Ok thanks for that. I'm on the current versions of V-Ray and Vantage.

Comment

Another issue that I'm experiencing is that when I render an animation with Vantage the frames playback in a sticky or jerky manner - not smooth.
            A preview in max plays fine. I checked all the settings from max through to Vantage but can't seem to figure it out.

It seems to render a frame and save it, then save the same frame as the next frame. This results in the jerky motion.

Last edited by NorthVisualStudio; 15-05-2023, 12:20 PM.

Comment

Hi N,

This could be happening because the next frame starts rendering while it is still being send from Max to Vantage when the scene is heavy and requires time to export. We are investigating how we can remedy this issue.

Best regards,
              Alexander
              Alexander Atanasov

V-Ray for Unreal & Chaos Vantage QA

Chaos

Comment

It only happens when I'm using Anima people. Is there a workaround?

Comment

Working...
                X