Has Vantage development stopped?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Has Vantage development stopped?

I have noticed a mayor slow down of Vantage updates. Will Chaos continue its development? I understand Chaos may not want Vantage to compete with Vray, but even small improvements will be welcome. For the last 6 months there have been barely any real update.
    I would like to see small things implemented like the ability to save the user image resolution in the camera resolution presets, the addition of basic render elements like Vray wirecolor, support for Vray override material (color bleeding control still an issue in Vantage), etc, etc, etc.
    Not to even ask for new features, but a little more refined/useful interface will be great.
    Last edited by cadman5; 31-05-2023, 02:29 AM.

We never stopped working. There will be a major update soon. It was supposed to be released last year but was delayed multiple times for reasons outside the development team.
    Nikola Goranov
    Chaos Developer

Comment

Funny enough just got an email about Vantage 2.0 and how my subscription pricing is changing because it’s gonna be so good they can’t include it anymore. Bar is now set high.

Comment

I also received the email. I'm waiting to see the changelog and the price...
        Windows 10 - RTX 3090 - AMD Ryzen 9 5950X - 128 Go RAM
        Sketchup PRO 24.0.553 + V-Ray 6.20.04
        3DS Max 2024.2.3 + V-Ray 6.20.06
        Chaos Vantage 2.4.0
        GeForce Studio Ready Driver Version 546.01​

Comment

I've been using Vantage in some commercial projects for the last 6 months. However, i still think it lacks alot of features needed to fully take place as a stand-alone render engine. I do hope 2.0 brings alot of missing things to the table, full support for Phoenix would be nice, displacement, hair&fur and full support or things like distancemaping

Comment

Working...
          X