Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Vantage .......So how much is it going to be?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

...Yeah, only 8 more days...

Comment

Yeah, and waiting for VRay 7 and see if some Vantage functionality is integrated, because I really can't see why you would need an extra application for this! There is Corona, VRay, Vantage....it's like having three smaller cars just for doing grocery shopping. And then thinking it is too hard to maintain both perpetual and subscription licenses
      Last edited by trick; 22-06-2023, 01:54 AM.

Comment

So when is the big reveal exactly?
        Time:
        Date:
        .................................................. ..

Comment

Originally posted by philip kelly View Post
          So when is the big reveal exactly?
          Time:
          Date:
          .................................................. ..

I just checked and guess what... its already available for download... www.chaos.com/vantage/whats-new

Comment

Really dropping the ball on marketing this one. Like no email announcement or anything? Nothing even in the main Vantage thread...

Comment

Thats weird... they announced it like something "big" and they don't even made a post or sent an email... they just... release the software lol

Comment

I saw it on all of their social media sites.
                Bobby Parker
                www.bobby-parker.com
                e-mail: info@bobby-parker.com
                phone: 2188206812

My current hardware setup:
                • Ryzen 9 5900x CPU
                • 128gb Vengeance RGB Pro RAM
                • NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4090
                • ​Windows 11 Pro

Comment

So we now know to continue using Vantage after the current subscription runs out will cost twice as much. How does Chaos justify this? 2.0 is still missing support for most of vray materials requested by its users. Hopefully it is more stable than it has been, but I have already had it crash on a simple scene. May have to go back to using IPR. 700.00 for vantage alone? How about just adding a floating license to to solo option to offset the cost for those of us who don't use the other options of the premium package?

Comment

Originally posted by Phillip Miller View Post
                    >>does this mean if I sub back up with a 3 year subscription I'll get Vantage for 3 years?
                    Yes - duration is for whatever duration you currently have. So if you have a 3 year V-Ray Premium subscription when Vantage 2 ships, your newly issued Vantage 2 license will be for 3 years long as well.
                    Phillip Miller So my subscription was to expire on the 27th of June and I renewed early as suggested. I renewed with a 3 year sub so I would get Vantage for 3 years as well as you stated; but I see I only got 1 year of Vantage. My Ticket is still open (Day 15 with no reply) so I have to post here to get any response from Chaos Product Management. I hope this is an error, so please explain.
                    Attached Files

Comment

• Same here, i got a 3 Years subscription but vantage is limited to one year only... this i unexceptable since it was clearly promised that vantage is included as long as my current subscription is running.
                      visit my behance profile

Comment

• Hi guys,

We have found the problem where subscriptions for more than a year were made and the Vantage complimentary license was not assigned correctly. We are in the process of finding a solution for them. We will write back when the process has finished.

Best regards,
                        Alexander
                        Alexander Atanasov

V-Ray for Unreal & Chaos Vantage QA

Chaos

Comment

• I just dont understand why its so expensive when unreal can do so much more at the moment.

Comment

• ​Hi guys,

We have found the problem where subscriptions for more than a year were made and the Vantage complimentary license was not assigned correctly. We are in the process of finding a solution for them. We will write back when the process has finished.

Best regards,
                            Alexander
                            Any update on this , since there has nothing changed until now

Thx in advance
                            visit my behance profile

Comment

• Hi all,

The 3-year subscription issue looks fixed on our end. Can you please check if it is OK on your side?

Best regards,
                              Alexander
                              Alexander Atanasov

V-Ray for Unreal & Chaos Vantage QA

Chaos

Comment

Working...
                              X