New functionality and features in 2.0

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New functionality and features in 2.0

I am very interested in seeing a roadmap and/or the biggest coming features. Any hints? I almost can't wait. This is the potential biggest game changer since I started out in this business 16 years ago.

Thanks for your interest in the future of Chaos Vantage!
    We don't currently publish roadmaps for Vantage, but we have made some substantial strides that we will be sharing with everyone in the next few weeks.
    As always, all of your input into what we should be concentrating on is highly appreciated.
    - Phil

VP Product Management, Chaos Group

Comment

Looking forward to it. Keep up the good work!

As for features: Animated Cosmos foliage and other animated objects would be very welcomed, as well as keeping growing the Cosmos libraries with modern assets.
      Also render passes is a must, but as I understand, this comes in the next major?
      Easier camera animation setup and handling?

I came across a maximum texture dimension limit the other day. It makes sense, of course, because the nature of limitation of VRAM. Perhaps an option to increase it would be nice (if not already present, at least I didn't find it - so I had to spend time downscaling some maps for this purpose)
      Also, what about some kind of hybrid solution where CPU and RAM can be used for offloading? For many of our scenes, we are touching the 24 GB VRAM as soon as we render out a simple 9000 x 4500 panoramic interior. So our 3090 takes it, but 3080 doesn't. Should of course update all GPUS, but it's pretty expensive. Seems like we need 2x 3090/4090 cards in each machine to handle such panoramic renders. Optimally the render should also be bigger than 9000 width for 4k screens if FOV is 120 (11520 x 5760), but this can't be done right now. So, just my two cents there.

Comment

I came across a maximum texture dimension limit the other day. It makes sense, of course, because the nature of limitation of VRAM. Perhaps an option to increase it would be nice (if not already present, at least I didn't find it - so I had to spend time downscaling some maps for this purpose)
        The max texture resolution is a limitation of DirectX.
        We cannot remove this limitation without significantly complicating our code and also probably slowing down all renders.
        We might add automatic downscaling, but it will somewhat slow down the loading process.

Greetings,
        Vladimir Nedev
        Vantage developer, e-mail: vladimir.nedev@chaos.com , for licensing problems please contact : chaos.com/help

Comment

Working...
        X