Vantage 2 for Sketchup

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vantage 2 for Sketchup

Hey guys with the announcement that Vantage 2 is coming i was wondering if it will be coming to Sketchup too? It also caught my attention that it will support deforming geometry. This would be massive game changer for us as the only reason we are still sticking to Lumion at the moment are animated people and plants which our client require on commercial projects. Would this deforming geometry mean animated people and cars are coming with Vantage 2 and would this also apply to the SketchUp version too? I think this would be a massive selling point for a lot of people as being able to create realistic high quality images, use cosmos and then create an animation straight from that model without having to redo everything would be a life saver and massive step up in terms of quality and workflow compared to Lumion.

Hi levente_redecky,

Hey guys with the announcement that Vantage 2 is coming i was wondering if it will be coming to Sketchup too?
    Chaos Vantage is a standalone application and is not installed as a plugin to a host app. Chaos Vantage can open vrscenes generated from any host that has V-Ray (support for some features may differ depending on host) so this meas Sketchup as well. It can also connect to that host with Live Link(using V-Ray) and any change made inside it will instantly appear in Vantage. Vantage can also open and import the more common file types - fbx, obj, collada, abc.

Would this deforming geometry mean animated people and cars are coming with Vantage 2 and would this also apply to the SketchUp version too?
    Deforming geometries mean that Vantage can import and render geometries that have vertex and transform animations. The scene itself needs to contain animated geometry. Vantage can import Chaos Cosmos assets such as static geometries(furniture, accessories, people, vegetation, vehicles, etc.), materials, HDRIs and at the moment Chaos Cosmos doesn't have animated assets.

Best regards,
    Alexander
    Alexander Atanasov

V-Ray for Unreal & Chaos Vantage QA

Chaos

Comment

Working...
    X