Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

live link render or vrscene export from max.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• live link render or vrscene export from max.

unless i'm misunderstanding something, it seems that if you want to set/change light tree samples or other lights etc... other settings in vantage, you have to export to a vrscene file and open that and render.

however some things like 3ds max populate animations won't work unless you do a live link render.

for clarity, i'm choosing "render animation in chaos vantage" with/without vantage UI

so depending on how you send it, somethings are available and somethings are not.

follow up question - i can save default settings, is lightree samples something OK to always have on max number of samples (16 in this case).

goal would be to reduce blocky-noise around can lights in a ceiling on an interior render. (saw another post on setting to 16 samples for light tree to improve and it worked for that person). and in my case i lowered samples from 800 to 400. i also happened to turn on glare which seems to mask edges of ceiling lights well.

thanks

for clarity, i'm choosing "render animation in chaos vantage" with/without vantage UI​
    You can do it like this:

1. start live link
    2. open .vantage config with your preferred settings
    3. "render animation in chaos vantage"

Then you will have your preferred Vantage settings.
    The key is to NOT stop the live link before 3.

follow up question - i can save default settings, is lightree samples something OK to always have on max number of samples (16 in this case).​
    Your interactive experience will be slower with 16 light tree samples.

Greetings,
    Vladimir Nedev
    Vantage developer, e-mail: vladimir.nedev@chaos.com , for licensing problems please contact : chaos.com/help

Comment

thanks for the heads up. i was a litle curious b/c light tree samples seems to be associated with skies as opposed to lights, but i may have mis-read something in the manual or inferred something where i shouldnt have.

Comment

Working...
      X