chaos vantage workflow with anima and city traffic

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• chaos vantage workflow with anima and city traffic

i recently purchased chaos vantage 2 as i saw on youtube that it it supports anima people and city traffic plugin.but i couldnt find any documentation whatsoever regarding the workflow of these 2 plugins with chaos vantage. the live link doesnt work with anima . people are still sliding in vantage timeline.the only way i can see them moving properly is when i render the animation. can someone please point me to any documentation or tutorial on workflow of anima and city traffic with chaos vantage. i am stuck in a project.

thanks

Hi newborn,

The workflow for anima/city traffic could be:
    1. Use live link from DCC:
      1. Start a live link session and any change made inside Max should be send and visible instantly in Vantage. You can use the "Render animation with Chaos Vantage" button to render out the animation
    2. Export animated vrscene
      1. Export the whole scene as an animated .vrscene(either with "Export an animated scene and load it in Chas Vantage" or from V-Ray menu>export .vrscene) and load it in Vantage.
      2. Inside Vantage in order to see the animated object you have to use the "Updates image sequences and animated meshes for the current frame of the timeline​" button or use the shortcut U. When rendering high quality sequence all textures and frames are updated automatically
    Please tell me if these work for you.

Best regards,
    Alexander
    Alexander Atanasov

V-Ray for Unreal & Chaos Vantage QA

Chaos

Comment

thanks alexander.
      yes it works .i was trying to play the animation inside the vantage but people were sliding but i figured out thats the issue currently and not something i was doing wrong. it renders perfectly in final render. also i have to use the "Updates image sequences and animated meshes for the current frame of the timeline​" button​" to see current position of characters. i will try the city traffic but i guess the process is same.
      Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by Alexander.Atanasov View Post
        Hi newborn,

The workflow for anima/city traffic could be:
        1. Use live link from DCC:
          1. Start a live link session and any change made inside Max should be send and visible instantly in Vantage. You can use the "Render animation with Chaos Vantage" button to render out the animation
        2. Export animated vrscene
          1. Export the whole scene as an animated .vrscene(either with "Export an animated scene and load it in Chas Vantage" or from V-Ray menu>export .vrscene) and load it in Vantage.
          2. Inside Vantage in order to see the animated object you have to use the "Updates image sequences and animated meshes for the current frame of the timeline​" button or use the shortcut U. When rendering high quality sequence all textures and frames are updated automatically
        Please tell me if these work for you.

Best regards,
        Alexander
        Hello. I have a quite simple scene with animate cameras, and around 30 people from ANIMA. I try to export vrayscene through V-ray menu>export.vrscene, and it's stuck while exporting for already and hour or more, and file .vrscene still inreasing and now already 40GB. for example the same scene with animation but without Anima people were around 1.5 GB. Is it ok? Or I do something wrong?

Comment

Originally posted by Mikhalenko View Post

Hello. I have a quite simple scene with animate cameras, and around 30 people from ANIMA. I try to export vrayscene through V-ray menu>export.vrscene, and it's stuck while exporting for already and hour or more, and file .vrscene still inreasing and now already 40GB. for example the same scene with animation but without Anima people were around 1.5 GB. Is it ok? Or I do something wrong?
          yes 4d people are heavy. export them in parts.

Comment

Working...
          X