Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Do you plan phasing out Vantage and include its features in Enscape, to form one product?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Do you plan phasing out Vantage and include its features in Enscape, to form one product?

I was attending a webinar about the future of architectural visualization a few weeks ago, where there was a lot of focus on Enscape, and basically none about Vantage. That really surprised me. There was this guy presenting things like Enscape was the only outcome. I don't think Vantage was mentioned at all.
    This lights a huge red light to me about your strategy favoring Enscape, and the logics then tells me that you are planning on merging Vantage's features into Enscape in the near future to form a complete package.
    Can somebody from Chaos chime in here? What is the future of Vantage in your vision of the future of archviz? I don't see logics with all your acquisition if the plan isn't merging products. (As a sidenote: Also the same with vray/corona, what can possible be the positive outcome from maintaining two products that are forming competitors in the market of 3d models etc)

Our studio uses Vantage on a regular basis now, both for previz and for production, and it works better and better for every update.
    However, if eg all future animated assets are going to be implemented in Enscape and not Vantage, then I need to revise our workflow, because we want to be ahead on these features. We are waiting for animated objects coming to Vantage. Our studio also spend time (money) on implementing and optimizing our workflow, and right now Vantage is a centerpiece in our software strategy. Would rather not spend too much on implementing Vantage in our studio if it's not the future.

I haven't seen this Webinar, but what I've just read above suddenly has me asking lots of questions about Chaos's future policy towards all their software.

Like Chromaloma, I look forward to a response and further information from Chaos.

Thank you Chromaloma for raising this interesting subject.​
    Windows 10 - RTX 3090 - AMD Ryzen 9 5950X - 128 Go RAM
    Sketchup PRO 23.0.419 + V-Ray 6.20.02
    3DS Max 2024.2.1 + V-Ray 6.20.06
    Chaos Vantage 2.3.0
    GeForce Studio Ready Driver Version 546.01​

Comment

honestly, the quality of Enscape doesn't seem comparable to that of Vantage.
      Enscape seems very similar to Lumion and Twinmotion ​

Comment

Originally posted by chromaloma View Post
        I was attending a webinar about the future of architectural visualization a few weeks ago,
        So you are fearing about the future of Vantage just because “one guy” predicted that product X will be the best choice?

Then go to check some more webinar on YouTube, other will tell you that the future will be software Y, W or Z or whatever.

Also, even if Chaos plan to kill Vantage in the future you can be 100% sure that they won’t tell you because nobody would invest in it anymore.
        3D Scenes, Shaders and Courses for V-ray and Corona
        NEW V-Ray 5 Metal Shader Bundle (C4D/Max): https://www.3dtutorialandbeyond.com/...ders-cinema4d/
        www.3dtutorialandbeyond.com
        @3drenderandbeyond on social media @3DRnB Twitter

Comment

Originally posted by sirio76 View Post

So you are fearing about the future of Vantage just because “one guy” predicted that product X will be the best choice?

Then go to check some more webinar on YouTube, other will tell you that the future will be software Y, W or Z or whatever.

Also, even if Chaos plan to kill Vantage in the future you can be 100% sure that they won’t tell you because nobody would invest in it anymore.

This was a webinar hosted by Architizer and Chaos, and the official rhyme seemed to be Enscape all the way. So it was really no "one guy" or random youtube bias.

Comment

Thanks for attending our Enscape webinar. I hope they touched on Enscape sharing its data with V-Ray running in the same host application - via what we call the Chaos Bridge. What was too early to talk about was how Enscape will be exporting such data for use in other applications via vrscene. Preliminary support for this can already be seen in the Enscape preview build posted last month, and the complete story will be told when its officially supported later this fall. Until then, you will find many users using the Bridge to V-Ray and then vrscene export from there to bring Enscape scenes to Vantage.

So, not hearing about Vantage at an Enscape webinar is not surprising, and was mostly about timing. You also wouldn't hear about Enscape at a V-Ray webinar either - but even that will change when we start enabling projects to move. As for the future of Enscape and Vantage, they both serve different use cases for different creation routes. Enscape is your always-available visualization companion within your CAD tool, saving data in the CAD file so everything is always in sync. Vantage is your companion tool to V-Ray, and focusses on needs of DCC users (3ds Max, etc.). Put another way, Enscape focuses on needs of Designers while Vantage focuses on the needs of Artists. Remember also that Enscape is well established business while Vantage is still starting out.

We believe strongly in Vantage's future and you can rest assured that we are investing in it.

- Phil

VP Product Management, Chaos Group

Comment

It seems like a good explaination to me. If you go to a Corvette convetion, they don't talk about their Silverado.
              Bobby Parker
              www.bobby-parker.com
              e-mail: info@bobby-parker.com
              phone: 2188206812

My current hardware setup:
              • Ryzen 9 5900x CPU
              • 128gb Vengeance RGB Pro RAM
              • NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4090
              • ​Windows 11 Pro

Comment

If anything, I feel like VRay Vision is the likely one to get squeezed out by Enscape, although there are still hurdles to overcome before that happens i.e. while Enscape materials can be represented in VRay, not all VRay materials can be currently represented in Enscape, since there are almost no procedural or raytrace layers/elements implemented.

Comment

Originally posted by Phillip Miller View Post
                  Thanks for attending our Enscape webinar.
                  I wasn't aware that it was an Enscape webinar. It was this one, and I can't find anything about Enscape here, only that it was a webinar analyzing about the future of archviz:
                  https://architizer.com/blog/inspirat...dering-and-ai/

But anyway, good to hear that you are putting effort into Vantage as well.

Comment

Ah ha. Now this is a report on the basic value of Real-Time Rendering and AI for Architectural Visualizations. It doesn't mention products at all actually.
                    - Phil

Comment

I'm not sure if I'm allowed to paste the recording of the webinar here, but they surely talk about Enscape in the end, I believe mostly in the QA part. But thanks for clarifying

Comment

Hi, sorry. What stands DCC for?

Comment

DCC = (3D) digital content creation. It's the industry term to differentiate products designed to produce digital image/animation/game results rather than design documents that get constructed (CAD).
                          In our world, DCC = Max, Maya, C4D, Houdini, and Blender. Things like SketchUp, Rhino, Revit, etc. are on the CAD side.
                          - Phil

Comment

Lol...vray vision. Is that still a thing?

Comment

Yes - V-Ray Vision is still supported in the V-Ray "CAD" applications (SketchUp, Rhino, Revit), where it still serves its purpose of providing a real-time preview for V-Ray users.
                              But other users (using CAD for design) wanting just that real-time result are far off better using Enscape as it was designed for their needs.
                              - Phil

Comment

Working...
                              X