Exposure changing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Exposure changing

I am working on this scene it is being lit by a dome light and one HDRI. While doing model changes, I fired up Chaos Vantage and every time I moved the object or the viewpoint the exposure reset to default, so everything is very bright.
    I am not using a camera yet, just the perspective view from 3D Max.
    If I adjust the exposure inside Vantage until it looks fine, but as soon as I rotate the view in 3D Max everything goes nuclear again.
    I am using the direct connection with the real time Vantage on my second screen.

Thank you​

Why don't you just reduce the intensity of the dome light? I personally never use the exposure controls in the camera, instead I'll balance the lighting.
    Dean Punchard > Head of CGI at HUB

Comment

Try using a VRayPhysicalCamera in 3dsMax and adjust the exposure from there.

Greetings,
      Vladimir Nedev
      Vantage developer, e-mail: vladimir.nedev@chaos.com , for licensing problems please contact : chaos.com/help

Comment

Thanks for the suggestions. But while modeling or arranging the scene is always faster to spin around from a perspective view, rather than moving the camera around. But I guess that's the only work around. Thanks again

Comment

Originally posted by cgrant3d_cg View Post
          Thanks for the suggestions. But while modeling or arranging the scene is always faster to spin around from a perspective view, rather than moving the camera around. But I guess that's the only work around. Thanks again
          Just adjust the light values, and don't use the camera exposure settings. That way the perspective view looks the same as a camera view in terms of exposure.
          Dean Punchard > Head of CGI at HUB

Comment

Originally posted by suzanne_doherty View Post

Just adjust the light values, and don't use the camera exposure settings. That way the perspective view looks the same as a camera view in terms of exposure.
            Will that, thank you

Comment

Working...
            X