interior with no lights

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• interior with no lights

i know i should have lights on an interior, especially if there is not as much glass around... but maybe there's a tip for something that could resolve the black splotches on the interior that i have not thought of. thanks! all this scene has is a sun/sky. also this is a direct link from 3ds max with animation created in vantage.
    Attached Files

https://support.chaos.com/hc/en-us/a...-Chaos-Vantage

these seem like good things to try ha!

Comment

Think like a photographer and add some fill lights.
      Bobby Parker
      www.bobby-parker.com
      e-mail: info@bobby-parker.com
      phone: 2188206812

My current hardware setup:
      • Ryzen 9 5900x CPU
      • 128gb Vengeance RGB Pro RAM
      • NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4090
      • ​Windows 11 Pro

Comment

yeah that too. but also up'ing the samples of light cache and overall samples helped a lot. still getting sub-30 sec frame times the fill lights will work better.

Comment

Are you using at least 2 GI bounces? Light cache is only used for deeper bounces (similar to V-Ray where it's a "secondary GI engine"). The first bounce is brute force GI.

BTW this article is a bit older. We have since made the light cache take at least 1024 samples in high quality render mode, meaning that even if your interactive setting is 256 it will use 1024. If it's higher, e.g. 1200, this value will be used in both modes.
          Nikola Goranov
          Chaos Developer

Comment

thanks nik. i haven't yet upgraded to the last "free" versoin of vantage so my screens are a little different too.

i did increase GI bounces. my light cache still showed the 256, but going up seemed like it improved it - which i think is what you're saying. i might have gone to 1500.

anyway it seems to work out pretty good. eventually we will add the subscription to the newest version.

Comment

Working...
            X