Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• reimport vr scene with changes made

hi

in lumion you can reimport your fbx with same name after making changes to it. so it replaces the old fbx implementing all the modifications made to it. everything else stays sam eincluding materials.
    is there anything like that possible with vrscenes and vanatge. i have made a vr scene in 4 parts for buildings, landscape, site, and cars etc. now i have these 4 vrscene files inside vantage. now i made some chnages to the buildings design. i just want to reimport the buildings with all the modifications and want it to replace the old vrscene with same name. so that all materials etc stay on the building and the model is updated inside vantage.
    is that possible with vantage?
    otherwise its a big issue using it for projects that need consistent changes from client

Hi, thanks for posting. What happens if you use the File > Import command in Vantage?

You will be presented with this dialog (screengrab below) and you can choose what to import. Won't this work for you?
    Click image for larger version

Name:	vantage_2023-10-19_13-13-44.jpg
Views:	164
Size:	26.1 KB
ID:	1193499
    Vladimir Krastev | chaos.com
    Chaos Support Representative | contact us

Comment

If you import/merge several vrscenes, make changes and finally save a .vantage file, you should be able to reload the .vantage file after the vrscene files have been updated. It should load the updated pieces, but I think this works only if you haven't renamed the objects.
      Nikola Goranov
      Chaos Developer

Comment

Originally posted by vladimir_krastev View Post
        Hi, thanks for posting. What happens if you use the File > Import command in Vantage?

You will be presented with this dialog (screengrab below) and you can choose what to import. Won't this work for you?
        Click image for larger version

Name:	vantage_2023-10-19_13-13-44.jpg
Views:	164
Size:	26.1 KB
ID:	1193499
        this doesnt work as it creates another copy of those objects in the vantage file. so you have to delete the old objects and in case of multiple objects this is really time consuming.

Comment

Originally posted by npg View Post
          If you import/merge several vrscenes, make changes and finally save a .vantage file, you should be able to reload the .vantage file after the vrscene files have been updated. It should load the updated pieces, but I think this works only if you haven't renamed the objects.
          This worked. but make sure to save your vantage file before reimporting otherwise it asks to make a new vantage file. it still worked sometimes and not everytime. so we definitely need a proper workflow to reimport objects in later releases.

Comment

Working...
          X