Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Huge file sizes for long animation

Hi,

I have an animation that is close to 3500 frames 30fps and I'm trying to export some animated characters, some from anima and then other purchsed animated characters.

The problem I have is the file size is massive. The cyclists and anima characters came to 1.72 TB, that's right TB not GB. I think I set a record.

Can anyone suggest a possible solution to these massive file sizes?

Thanks.

You can try exporting each animated character as its own .vrscene file, then import it into 3dsMax as a VRayScene object and use the loop options there.
    This way, your main .vrscene file will be small and by looping the animations the sum of the individual .vrscene file sizes might also be smaller.

Greetings,
    Vladimir Nedev
    Vantage developer, e-mail: vladimir.nedev@chaos.com , for licensing problems please contact : chaos.com/help

Comment

Thanks Vladimir,

Do you thinking baking the animations would help too?

Comment

What do you mean by baking ?
        But most likely no - the reason the vrscene file is so big is that the exporter has to bake any skeletal animation or deformation for each frame - the possible modifiers are too many to implement in V-Ray/Vantage.
        For Anima, it might be possible in the future, since it has an API and also it's part of Chaos now.

Greetings,
        Vladimir Nedev
        Vantage developer, e-mail: vladimir.nedev@chaos.com , for licensing problems please contact : chaos.com/help

Comment

Okay that makes a lot of sense.

By baking the animation, which is an option in Anima, I thought it would speed things up but I think I misunderstood the benefits of baking the animation.

Thaks a million for your help.

Comment

Working...
          X