What's the deal with...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What's the deal with...

Blur offset and Vantage. I have some Cosmos peeps in my scene and when I got to export to Vantage I get the blurr ofset set at 0.0 will render differently in Vantage. What does that actual mean?

Do you mean the "interval center" for motion blur or something else ?
    The "interval center" determines the exact times geometry deformation is sampled at,
    so it will affect what Vantage will load from the vrscene for the deforming meshes.

Greetings,
    Vladimir Nedev
    Vantage developer, e-mail: vladimir.nedev@chaos.com , for licensing problems please contact : chaos.com/help

Comment

From Max...I select the export vrsecne utility, select export and a the percentage bar shows progress. Once it's done, the error log window either give you the green thumbs up, all good, but sometimes give you warnings or errors. I get warnings about the blur offset being set to 0.0 for my vraybitmap of my people.

Comment

Ah, yes, the bitmap blur and offset. They affect how the bitmap is filtered/sampled. I think they are used to make it shaper usually.
        This is indeed not supported in Vantage. We could support these options to some extent when "dynamic textures" is on, but
        since Vantage uses the built-in DirectX texture filtering, results won't match V-Ray exactly anyway.
        I believe the texture filtering in Vantage is already sharp enough as it is.

These messages in the log are for V-Ray GPU however, you shouldn't rely on them being true for Vantage in all cases.

Greetings,
        Vladimir Nedev
        Vantage developer, e-mail: vladimir.nedev@chaos.com , for licensing problems please contact : chaos.com/help

Comment

Yep...exactly. Just annoying to see all those yellow ⚠️ signs. It would be nice to be able to set the amount of sharpness in Vantage. Most of the times the images look too sharp.

Comment

Most of the times the images look too sharp.
            That's more likely caused by the AA filter on the output that Vantage uses, not the filter on bitmap textures, but I could be wrong.

Greetings,
            Vladimir Nedev

Comment

Can I change the amount of sharpness Vantage uses?

Comment

Originally posted by Luma3d View Post
                Can I change the amount of sharpness Vantage uses?
                No, I don't think that's possible.

Greetings,
                Vladimir Nedev

Comment

Working...
                X