How to render and animation from 3ds max in vantage

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to render and animation from 3ds max in vantage

I need exact steps on how to render an animation from 3ds max in vantage. for example, i have setup a camera in 3ds max and path constrained it. then i click "render animation with Chaos Vantage", i look over at vantage on my other screen and i have no options for rendering out a sequence. do i have to hit the production render button in 3ds max? do i have to setup the animation range and file output name in 3ds max? vantage only shows me 1 camera view and when i click play, nothing changes. i found a work-around a while ago, but i think that work around is not able to work with camera paths (+ ihave a rotation key on the camera).

so i'm doing something wrong i think?

oh geez, it works now. what the?! i did just install 2.3.0. maybe that overwrote the script or something ugh!

Comment

Maybe if your scene was large it was still loading it, I don't know. We haven't changed the live link scripts since 2.2.0.
      Nikola Goranov
      Chaos Developer

Comment

it was weird because no dialog boxes would come up or anything. but it's all working now! this went back a couple versions and we had some issues when we bought a new license to update. but he, i'm glad it's working now! thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by s_gru View Post
          it was weird because no dialog boxes would come up or anything. but it's all working now! this went back a couple versions and we had some issues when we bought a new license to update. but he, i'm glad it's working now! thanks.
          My Vantage will sometimes seem like it hasn't received the "go" from Max, and I'll have to click it again. No reason why as far as I can tell.

Comment

well, it worked twice. now getting errors and rendering is not starting after i supply an image name etc...

15:06:35.216 [ERR] Cosmos RPC UpdateImporter error #14: failed to connect to all addresses
            15:06:36.384 [Wrn] warning: Cosmos thread can't establish connection to service. Retrying...
            15:06:46.514 [Wrn] warning: Cosmos thread can't establish connection to service. Retrying...
            15:06:56.562 [Wrn] warning: Cosmos thread can't establish connection to service. Retrying...
            15:07:06.607 [Wrn] warning: Cosmos thread can't establish connection to service. Retrying...
            15:07:16.673 [Wrn] warning: Cosmos thread can't establish connection to service. Retrying...
            15:07:26.736 [Wrn] warning: Cosmos thread can't establish connection to service. Retrying...
            15:07:36.815 [Wrn] warning: Cosmos thread can't establish connection to service. Retrying...
            15:07:46.892 [Wrn] warning: Cosmos thread can't establish connection to service. Retrying...
            15:07:56.989 [Wrn] warning: Cosmos thread can't establish connection to service. Retrying...
            15:08:07.091 [Wrn] warning: Cosmos thread can't establish connection to service. Retrying...
            15:08:47.252 [Wrn] Warning: Disabled light cache because it produces artifacts in multi-GPU setups.
            15:08:47.252 [Wrn] Warning: Disabled RTXDI resampling because it's not supported on multi-GPU setups.
            15:08:47.452 [Wrn] Warning: Disabled light cache because it produces artifacts in multi-GPU setups.
            15:08:47.452 [Wrn] Warning: Disabled RTXDI resampling because it's not supported on multi-GPU setups.
            15:08:57.026 [ERR] Cosmos RPC UpdateImporter error #14: failed to connect to all addresses
            15:09:48.787 [Wrn] Warning: Disabled light cache because it produces artifacts in multi-GPU setups.
            15:09:48.787 [Wrn] Warning: Disabled RTXDI resampling because it's not supported on multi-GPU setups.
            15:10:45.962 [Wrn] Warning: Disabled light cache because it produces artifacts in multi-GPU setups.
            15:10:45.962 [Wrn] Warning: Disabled RTXDI resampling because it's not supported on multi-GPU setups.

15:06:35.216 [ERR] Cosmos RPC UpdateImporter error #14: failed to connect to all addresses
            15:08:57.026 [ERR] Cosmos RPC UpdateImporter error #14: failed to connect to all addresses

Comment

Working...
            X