Display Correction

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Display Correction

How do I turn off Display Correction in Vantage?

This is what I'm looking for: None

Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot 2024-04-10 221439.jpg
Views:	85
Size:	10.9 KB
ID:	1206359
    Attached Files
    Marcin Piotrowski
    youtube

Hi Marcin,

There is no such control in Vantage it is sRGB only at the moment. We already have logged requests for OCIO/ACEScg (LAV-588 )and we plan to add it in the future. We will discuss internally for your request and get back to you.

Best regards,
    Alexander
    Alexander Atanasov

V-Ray for Unreal & Chaos Vantage QA

Chaos

Comment

If you want to see raw linear colors, this is currently not possible in the viewport. You can only output "Raw RGBA" as a render element in offline rendering. Can you confirm this is what you're asking for and whether you need it in interactive mode?
      Nikola Goranov
      Chaos Developer

Comment

I was just looking for an option to have the viewport in Vantage without Display Correction​ as I would like to manage that through a lut. If this is always ON and sRGB - no worries, I can just add the reverse transform to luts I'm using, not a big deal. Now everything works as expected (at least with LUT Color space option Linear)

But on that note:
        what is quite unintuitive is LUT Color space options sRGB and V-Ray Log as these work differently to same options in VRay's VFB: after the conversion and applying lut Vantage seems to go back to linear instead of staying in log or srgb.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot 2024-04-11 110604.jpg
Views:	116
Size:	238.3 KB
ID:	1206412
        Marcin Piotrowski
        youtube

Comment

Working...
        X