Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Udim and Character issiue

Hi all,

I just tried to upload a chracter with 5 UDIM, the material was setted in MAX Vray 5, is an VrayAlsurface shader with a multytexture map that manage the UDIM, unfortunatly in Lavinia the material load only the texture that are in the ID object 01.
    I have also some texture in the Channel 2 and Lavinia not load that texture correctly, only the Channel 1.
    The Scatter of ALshader dosent works.
    The Opacity (but that is a know issiue that someone else already posted), but seams that the refraction of the cornea work.
    Also the Displacement, Normal and Bump was not loaded, neather the map in ID1.

Right now this is my report for a CG character, obviusly the hair in ornatrix was not loaded but that was expetted from me, hope in future will be a support for that plug in.
    waiting for your feedback

Thanks and best regards

Andrea Bertaccini

I just tried to upload a chracter with 5 UDIM, the material was setted in MAX Vray 5, is an VrayAlsurface shader with a multytexture map that manage the UDIM, unfortunatly in Lavinia the material load only the texture that are in the ID object 01.
    I have also some texture in the Channel 2 and Lavinia not load that texture correctly, only the Channel 1.
    Support for UDIM and more than 1 UV channel per mesh is on our short TODO list.
    However, I don't know what you are referring to by "multytexture map that manage the UDIM".

For bump mapping, Lavina supports only bitmaps, no procedural textures.
    Support for procedural textures as bump and normal maps is also planned, but for later this year.

The rest of the features you mention will come much later, if at all, as the initial goal of Lavina is fast previews, not final rendering.
    - partial opacity (we support clip opacity currently for leaves)
    - displacement
    - hair primitives (there is no hardware acceleration of hair primitives so they may be slow)
    - alShader SSS

neather the map in ID1.
    I don't know what that is.

Greetings,
    Vladimir Nedev
    Vantage developer, e-mail: vladimir.nedev@chaos.com , for licensing problems please contact : chaos.com/help

Comment

Sorry maibe i'm explained bad, I upload an image to be more clear.
      Attached Files

Comment

Oh, you are using the VRayMultiSubTex, that's also on the short TODO list.

Greetings,
        Vladimir Nedev
        Vantage developer, e-mail: vladimir.nedev@chaos.com , for licensing problems please contact : chaos.com/help

Comment

If you send me the scene, I will be able to test your particular workflow when I implement these missing features.

Greetings,
          Vladimir Nedev

Comment

Unfortunatly I can't send you this scene due NDA that I have to follow, but asap I will rebuild a scene to test it, that I will send you.

Comment

Working...
            X