Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why doesn't the latest graphics card support it?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why doesn't the latest graphics card support it?

Click image for larger version

Name:	QQ图片20210125101657.png
Views:	379
Size:	63.2 KB
ID:	1100095

• What's going on here? Who can give me a hand? thank you

Comment

Hello,

There are issues in the latest driver preventing Chaos Vantage to work stable. You will need to install the recommended GPU driver in order to use it. Please install the driver recommended for your GPU version 457.09.
      You can find it at the official Nvidia website in the beta or older drivers section. Let us know how it goes.
      Martin Minev | chaos.com
      Chaos Support Representative | contact us

Comment

Hi Martin,

Please can you direct me to where I'd find the recommended drivers for my card, the RTX 3090 ?

And if I may ask one further question (when rendering GPU - is RTX supposed to be quicker than CUDA for V-Ray 5.2 and RTX cards ? (my initial tests showed it to be slower, but I am using the latest NVidia drivers, not Chaos's recommended ones).

Sorry for hi-jacking this post
        Jez

------------------------------------
        3DS Max 2023.3.4 | V-Ray 6.10.08 | Phoenix FD 4.40.00 | PD Player 64 1.0.7.32 | Forest Pack Pro 8.2.2 | RailClone 6.1.3
        Windows 11 Pro 22H2 | NVidia Drivers 535.98 (Game Drivers)

Asus X299 Sage (Bios 4001), i9-7980xe, 128Gb, 1TB m.2 OS, 2 x NVidia RTX 3090 FE
        ---- Updated 06/09/23 -------

Comment

And if I may ask one further question (when rendering GPU - is RTX supposed to be quicker than CUDA for V-Ray 5.2 and RTX cards ? (my initial tests showed it to be slower, but I am using the latest NVidia drivers, not Chaos's recommended ones).
          This is a question for the V-Ray GPU forum section, Vantage doesn't have a CUDA version of the code.

Greetings,
          Vladimir Nedev
          Vantage developer, e-mail: vladimir.nedev@chaos.com , for licensing problems please contact : chaos.com/help

Comment

Working...
          X