Viewport switching in Max lock request whole modeling

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Viewport switching in Max lock request whole modeling

I know you get this question many times and responses have been unclear to me.

I’ve been using Octane where I became accustomed to their “lock camera/viewport” button and was hoping for the same in Vantage.
    When I’m modeling I use multiple views. Unfortunately,switching between the views auto updates Vantage which I don’t want.
    I would like it to stay on the last camera/view (locked) if possible while seeing the modeling updates live.”

I realize you have a “pause” button but it doesn’t do the same function.
    LunarStudio Architectural Renderings
    HDRSource HDR & sIBL Libraries
    Lunarlog - LunarStudio and HDRSource Blog

We can add an option to pause camera updates while in live link.
    But this means even changes to the current render camera won't be detected by Vantage.

3dsMax itself has an option to lock the render camera.
    Have you tried using it ?

Click image for larger version

Name:	lock.PNG
Views:	369
Size:	21.9 KB
ID:	1141831

Greetings,
    Vladimir Nedev
    Vantage developer, e-mail: vladimir.nedev@chaos.com , for licensing problems please contact : chaos.com/help

Comment

No. I didn't realize this would affect Vantage. Will give it a shot.
      LunarStudio Architectural Renderings
      HDRSource HDR & sIBL Libraries
      Lunarlog - LunarStudio and HDRSource Blog

Comment

Originally posted by vladimir.nedev View Post
        We can add an option to pause camera updates while in live link.
        But this means even changes to the current render camera won't be detected by Vantage.

3dsMax itself has an option to lock the render camera.
        Have you tried using it ?

Click image for larger version  Name:	lock.PNG Views:	81 Size:	21.9 KB ID:	1141831

Greetings,
        Vladimir Nedev
        Sorry for the necro post/bump. The lock render camera option from Max seems to have no effect. I hope I did not overlook this option, but if it indeed is not yet there, I very much would like to have the option to exclude the cam updates from live link. In my usecase it would even be very handy that it can never update the cam settings once "set".
        Reason:
        I design/model starships for the most part, I created a virtual "shipyard" where I do my modeling and WIP renders. So this is some half story telling stuff during the modeling process. (These are new ways for me, but Vantage is so fast it now gives us these weird new ways to create. ) I would stream this locked Vantage viewport to Youtube. Perhaps for some (hardcore) live viewers, always 1 or 2 around, but mainly to create a timelapse of a starship being "constructed" in a very decent quality. I assume that others have far better reasons to have a lock camera option, but this would be mine. I assume it is super easy to fix, but I also understand that yet another button on the interface might (when checked by accident) frustrate a lot of users to why their viewport is not updating.

Would really love you guys to consider it!
        P.s. Please keep working on Vantage, it is the future!!
        Last edited by Yard2380; 21-04-2023, 11:45 PM.

Comment

Hi Yard2380,

Thank you fir the feedback and kind words! I have logged in your request in our system and we will let you know when it is available.

Best regards,
          Alexander
          Alexander Atanasov

V-Ray for Unreal & Chaos Vantage QA

Chaos

Comment

I am really hoping for this feature as well! Im usually using vantage to do still images for archviz and very helpful to have the vantage camera locked while developing the model and the textures so it looks right for the that particular camera view. By the way - vantage has helped me speed up my production maybe 3x compared to using vray. Absolutely revolutionary

Comment

Hi cloeon,

I am happy to hear that Vantage has been useful to you. I will try and bump up the priority for the lock camera option.

Best regards,
              Alexander
              Alexander Atanasov

V-Ray for Unreal & Chaos Vantage QA

Chaos

Comment

Working...
              X