Clear All

• Vraylight disc has boundary in vantage fog

Click image for larger version

Name:	0001.jpg
Views:	148
Size:	5.4 KB
ID:	1151726

Hi q976431,

Thank you for reporting it. We will let you know when it is fixed.

Best regards,
    Alexander
    Alexander Atanasov

V-Ray for Unreal & Chaos Vantage QA

Chaos

Comment

Originally posted by Alexander.Atanasov View Post
      Hi q976431,

Thank you for reporting it. We will let you know when it is fixed.

Best regards,
      Alexander
      At the same time, if vraylight turns on visibility, only a little brightness intensity is required. It can't be covered by vantage fog. It doesn't seem very reasonable

Although the visibility of fog vantage fog is already 0.1km, the light shape is still very obvious and does not seem to be covered by fog
      Unless I reduce the intensity of vraylight to a very low value
      Attached Files
      Last edited by q976431; 22-06-2022, 12:27 AM.

Comment

At the same time, if vraylight turns on visibility, only a little brightness intensity is required. It can't be covered by vantage fog. It doesn't seem very reasonable
        We have a very simple fog model in Vantage that's not affected by the lights in the scene.
        Unless we change the model to something more realistic, I am not sure this can be fixed.

Greetings,
        Vladimir Nedev
        Vantage developer, e-mail: vladimir.nedev@chaos.com , for licensing problems please contact : chaos.com/help

Comment

Originally posted by vladimir.nedev View Post

We have a very simple fog model in Vantage that's not affected by the lights in the scene.
          Unless we change the model to something more realistic, I am not sure this can be fixed.

Greetings,
          Vladimir Nedev
          When the light intensity decreases to a very low parameter, it will be covered by fog. Of course, as you said, it will not have any GI interaction with fog at present.

I'm just saying that the visible shape of the light needs to be better covered by fog Because I know that if we let it interact with fog, it should not be possible in the short term
          Last edited by q976431; 22-06-2022, 07:29 AM.

Comment

Working...
          X