Scatter Scaling?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Scatter Scaling?

Seems like when you use the "Import" function inside of Vantage, the scatters get scaled down and don't match the underlying geometry. This seems to effect both the Chaos scatter and Forest pack scatter. I'm trying to combine multiple vrscense's together.

Hi cnd7jones,

Are all the vrscenes using the same unit scale(cm, m, in)? If they are different (e.g. the first vrscene is exported in meters and the additional ones are exported in cm)that may be the cause of this and we will look into it. If that is not the case can you send us a sample scene where this is easily reproducible?

Best regards,
    Alexander
    Alexander Atanasov

V-Ray for Unreal & Chaos Vantage QA

Chaos

Comment

Makes sense. Ones from Max and the other is from Revit. Looks like my Max system units are Inches (display units in Feet), I'm assuming Revit is using Feet as their internal?

Comment

You can check the vrscene file for this information - search for the "SettingsUnitsInfo" object and its "meters_scale" property.

Greetings,
        Vladimir Nedev
        Vantage developer, e-mail: vladimir.nedev@chaos.com , for licensing problems please contact : chaos.com/help

Comment

OK yes the one from revit = .3048 the one from max = .0254.

Comment

Working...
          X