Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How can I optimize the scene for Vantage?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How can I optimize the scene for Vantage?

Hi, my scene has almost reached the limit of memory and regulary crashes with minidump (In this time any other applicatian a closed and it crash mostly times when I accidentally click "W"), but I still need to insert a significant amount of objects. Can you suggest how can I reduce Vantage memory consumption for sure?
    Click image for larger version

Name:	dwewqerteh.jpg
Views:	423
Size:	916.4 KB
ID:	1152090

You can:
    1. reduce geometry detail (e.g. less iterations when smoothing objects)
    2. use a lower render resolution
    3. reduce texture detail i.e. use lower resolution textures.
    However, we will soon release a build that does this automatically and intelligently, so detail is not lost in the final image.
    So, it might be better to wait for this build, if you are not in a hurry.

Greetings,
    Vladimir Nedev

Vantage developer, e-mail: vladimir.nedev@chaos.com , for licensing problems please contact : chaos.com/help

Comment

Originally posted by anan_vozak View Post
      Hi, my scene has almost reached the limit of memory and regulary crashes with minidump (In this time any other applicatian a closed and it crash mostly times when I accidentally click "W")
      It's not certain that the crash you experience is caused by out of memory conditions.
      We will examine the dump file, but we might require your scene and steps to reproduce as well.

Greetings,
      Vladimir Nedev

Vantage developer, e-mail: vladimir.nedev@chaos.com , for licensing problems please contact : chaos.com/help

Comment

Originally posted by vladimir.nedev View Post

It's not certain that the crash you experience is caused by out of memory conditions.
        We will examine the dump file, but we might require your scene and steps to reproduce as well.

Greetings,
        Vladimir Nedev

I'm looking forward to the release of this feature! Also my scene crashing in every resolution: I still can render in 1440p, but it can simply crash when I just rotation my view and click on something in 540p. Can I help by sending a scene?

Comment

Hi anan_vozok,

Can I help by sending a scene?
          Yes, that will speed up the process. You can send it to our support team via this form: https://support.chaos.com/

Best regards,
          Alexander
          Alexander Atanasov

V-Ray for Unreal & Chaos Vantage QA

Chaos

Comment

Working...
          X