Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sun animation

Hello,

I'm trying to animate a sun in Vantage (and cloud), but I can't get it to work.

I follow the "Chaos Vantage - What's new in update 8" video

I tried in version 1.8 and 1.81 without any luck

My workflow:
    Export from 3dsmax as static vrscene --> set the length of the timeline in vantage -->change the sun to animated Geolocation --> set the first frame and last keyframe.
    Everytime i set the end frame, it change my first frame.

I did a video showing the issue:

Any idea how to fix the issue?

Hi olivier_hurth,

I cannot reproduce the issue form the video but the workflow is what you are doing, except you do not need to set both start and end frame the first time. You just set your desired date/time > Set start keyframe, then set the next date/time>Set end keyframe. You can then override the values for them at any time without having to set the time slider at the beginning or the end of the timeline. Here is a video that I made illustrating this and also the animation of clouds with just controlling the wind intensity(you don't need to keyframe the wind intensity):https://drive.google.com/uc?id=1UQpo...trk-hDeDMoOTmV
    Can you send the vrscene to test it on my end and see if I can reproduce it?

Best regards,
    Alxander
    Alexander Atanasov

V-Ray for Unreal & Chaos Vantage QA

Chaos

Comment

Hi Alexander,

Thanks for the clarification.

I managed to fix the issue.
      The scene need to be exported from frame 0 in 3dsmax to work.
      in my example my animation range was starting at frame 50 (you may be able to reproduce the bug in this case).

Cheers

Comment

Working...
      X