LiveLink problem?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• LiveLink problem?

Hello! Why sometimes after i've worked on a scene and i've used Vantage then i closed vantage's livelink i ran it again and only vantage's default backgrunda is visible. To be able to get Livelink running again I have to re-export the scene and then click LiveLink again start working again. Why this is happening am i wrong?

Hi Martin,

Any change made inside Vantage while in Live link will not be transferred between sessions. You have to save a vantage file, after you finished your modifications in Vantage, and next time when you start a new live link session go to File>Open scene as config only and that should load the changes made in Vantage. Or that is not the issue that you are describing?

Best regards,
    Alexander
    Alexander Atanasov

V-Ray for Unreal & Chaos Vantage QA

Chaos

Comment

This works fine. I mean, I'm making a new scene in max and I'm working with livelink, which started from the first time. If I close Vantage and launch it again into livelink while I'm still working on the same scene, it either won't launch livelink for me or launches it after retrying, but after opening I only see vantage default background and menus. To be able to start livelink I have to click export the scene from vantage toolbar and after exporting it I can click livelink and then it starts in livelink. The other methood is to close max then start max again fresh ant then live link will start from the first time.
      Last edited by martin_petkov; 12-09-2022, 05:20 AM.

Comment

Hi Martin,

This sounds very strange and I haven't experience such behavior. Can you please make a recording of what exactly is happening so I can try and replicate it better on my end?

Best regards,
        Alexander
        Alexander Atanasov

Chaos

Comment

Hello i have created the video but after that i fownd that when i click on live link then close it for some reason and then click fast again it dosent respond like it should. But if i hold for a secont or two and click on live link after that all the time it is working. The problem was in me because i wanted to start it immediately, Vantage is ok ! Thank you for the response Alexander.Atanasov

Comment

Hi Martin,

when i click on live link then close it for some reason and then click fast again it dosent respond like it should
            Yes, there was a 7 seconds time out that needed to elapse before a new session could be established. We have changed that in our internal builds and when and in the next release it will be available.

Best regards,
            Alexander
            Alexander Atanasov

Chaos

Comment

Alexander.Atanasov thanks for all the quick replies!

Comment

Working...
              X