Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Denoiser Question

Hay folks,
    Prefix this with being new to Vantage so I assume my question is due to lack of knowledge and being a newbie. I have searched the form but not seeing the issue I am having. When I am rendering out of Vantage if I have denoiser option checked, my anima, and the floor (which is a RC object) goes black. I have tried all three denoiser options, nivdia, vantage and combo and same outcome. Is there something I can look into to see why I am having this issue?
    Last edited by PixelWindChill; 03-10-2022, 10:42 AM.

Is there any chance your camera is behind a pane of clear glass?
    I don't believe that textures are processed through transparency when using the AI denoiser.
    - Phil

VP Product Management, Chaos Group

Comment

The room is empty, meaning the camera is set in the middle. Only glass is the ones looking out towards the sky line but the everything inside there is nothing in front of the camera.
      Last edited by PixelWindChill; 03-10-2022, 02:10 PM.

Comment

Are you sure it's the denoiser option that causes the issue ?

Could be a bug in the dynamic textures. They are still relatively new.
        Can you try disabling them ?

Also, can you send us the scene for investigation in any case ?

Click image for larger version

Name:	Untitled.png
Views:	123
Size:	21.1 KB
ID:	1161356

Greetings,
        Vladimir Nedev
        Vantage developer, e-mail: vladimir.nedev@chaos.com , for licensing problems please contact : chaos.com/help

Comment

Great point - let me take a look - and thanks for the insight.

Comment

Again thanks for the help; as I just getting my feet wet with Vantage. So I turned that off, and looks like it rendered normal. Although, after checking the "Enable dynamic textures" off I could not render at the resolution I had set for my spherical due to GPU mem constraints. So I lowered it until I could test. Is there anything else I can turn off/on to help with mem?
            Attached Files

Comment

Is there anything else I can turn off/on to help with mem?
              Not really - render resolution, textures and mesh complexity are the main ones.

Can you send me the whole scene, including the textures ?
              You can upload it somewhere and send the link to my e-mail (in my signature).
              Edit: the .vantage file doesn't really have the scene.

Greetings,
              Vladimir Nedev
              Vantage developer, e-mail: vladimir.nedev@chaos.com , for licensing problems please contact : chaos.com/help

Comment

Sure thing, let me get that packaged up today. Thanks again for the help. I guess this would be a good time for me to lean on my uppers and request that RTX 4k card

Comment

Working...
                X