Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

When linking in real time, how to browse in Vantage according to the camera movement path of the 3DSMAX timeline?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• When linking in real time, how to browse in Vantage according to the camera movement path of the 3DSMAX timeline?

This discussion is about how to browse the same camera path in Vantage without dragging the 3DSMAx timeline in the real-time link. Because sometimes dragging the 3DSMAx timeline is slow. I hope there is a way to quickly browse the camera path and provide the recording function, or I can use the screen recording software to record by myself. The premise is that Vantage is allowed to play the animation according to the 3DSMAx camera path without dragging the 3DSMAX timeline or importing the scene into Vantage separately

I want to provide it to others to view my camera animation without spending too much time rendering it. Only a rough preview is required

Hi q976431,

Currently that is not possible from 3ds Max. In Live link only the current frame is exported and we do not have any additional information about previous or next frames. I will log in your request in our system and write back hen there is some development.

Best regards,
    Alexander
    Alexander Atanasov

V-Ray for Unreal & Chaos Vantage QA

Chaos

Comment

Originally posted by Alexander.Atanasov View Post
      Hi q976431,

Currently that is not possible from 3ds Max. In Live link only the current frame is exported and we do not have any additional information about previous or next frames. I will log in your request in our system and write back hen there is some development.

Best regards,
      Alexander
      It is hoped that Maxscript can send the camera path of 3DSMAX to Vantage, create a camera with the same path in Vantage, and provide the recording function to record the animation under the camera path. This is very suitable for the demonstration stage in the early stage of the project. After all, if the maximum quality rendering is required for each demonstration, it will take too long.
      Last edited by q976431; 23-10-2022, 11:36 PM.

Comment

Working...
      X