Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Running Choas Vantage on a separate machine from 3D Studio Max. How to stage my export from Max for Chaos Vantage.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Running Choas Vantage on a separate machine from 3D Studio Max. How to stage my export from Max for Chaos Vantage.

I have 3D Studio Max installed on my laptop and it does not have an RTX graphics card. Thus I cannot use LiveLink to Chaos Vantage. I have a Blade server with an Nvidia RTX graphics card that I can remote into and run Chaos Vantage. I want to be able to export my Max session so that I can view it in Vantage. I export the .vrscene file, but all of my vrProxy files are not translating over to the Vantage session on the other machine. Do you have any suggestions for what I can do to stage the export so that it will come up with all vrProxies and vrMaterials in place? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you

Hi david_heath,

I would suggest using the Archive packer option in the V-Ray scene exporter - https://docs.chaos.com/display/VMAX/...-ArchivePacker . It will gather all resources used in the scene and copy them to the specified 'Export Path' location next to the vrscene. If you enabled the 'Archive as zip' then al you need is to copy the generated zip file to your other work station or to a network drive which your other machines have access.

Best regards,
    Alexander
    Alexander Atanasov

V-Ray for Unreal & Chaos Vantage QA

Chaos

Comment

Alexander - Perfect, that is the fix thank you very much!

Comment

Working...
      X