Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anima woes

Hi all,

Does anyone have a good workflow using Anima with Vantage?

I'm finding using Anima to be such a pain, it appears to be adding an additional 20 seconds per frame to my Vantage renders, normally they take 10 seconds but now it's about 35 seconds (a big difference for over 13000 frames). I'm doing the livelink method which unfortunately now sometimes has RAM issues as 3dsmax Max and Vantage are being loaded into it, currently 102 GB, I think this is causing my rendering to sometimes hang (always overnight as well so not able to monitor it). Before using Anima I used to send the whole scene to Vantage so as to free up 3dsmax and for uber reliability, does anyone do this with Anima workflow now?

Many thanks,

Jason
    AMD Threadripper 3990x 64C Processor, 128 GB DDR4-3200 Ram, 48 GB PNY Quadro RTX A6000, ​Windows Pro 10.0.19045, 3dsmax 2024 SP3, Vray 6 Update 2.1, Vantage 2.3.0​

Hi Jason,
    The additional 20 or so seconds for frame rendering is probably coming from the time all animated meshes get loaded each frame. This is not only related to anima meshes but animated geos as well. Vantage is fetching each frame from the vrscene the necessary info for animated objects - meshes and textures, which may be slow depending on the location the .vrscene is saved. Load time will vary depending on the complexity of the scene. We have in the TO DO list to improve the load times and performance in general with animated meshes.

Best regards,
    Alexander​
    Alexander Atanasov

V-Ray for Unreal & Chaos Vantage QA

Chaos

Comment

Hi Alex,

Thanks for the response, much appreciated. Can you think of any way of speeding things up currently, would it be better to send it as a stand alone vrscene (can this be done with animated meshes), is the live link method the issue here as well?

Kind regards,

Jason
      AMD Threadripper 3990x 64C Processor, 128 GB DDR4-3200 Ram, 48 GB PNY Quadro RTX A6000, ​Windows Pro 10.0.19045, 3dsmax 2024 SP3, Vray 6 Update 2.1, Vantage 2.3.0​

Comment

Working...
      X