Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vantage Scene Export Camera Problem

Hi guys,

I just exported a very heavy scene (over 350gb) into vantage with 3200 frames & lots of animated meshes, it took about 12 hours to export. That is fine but alas inside 3dsmax for some reason I had locked the camera under the render settings, upon checking Max in true Max fashion the setting showed up as blank.

Now I have about 30 cameras in the scene and 2 cameras were exported but, for some odd reason the wrong previous camera got exported in Vantage as the Home camera (this camera was from the previous export), I'm thinking the lock inside 3dsmax brought this one in again.

My correct camera also got exported but upon flipping to it and trying to render the animation it flicked back to the wrong home camera (upon rendering).

Now my question is when something like this happens is there no way of bringing in just a new camera again or forcing Vantage to render the other camera?

It wouldn't allow me to delete the wrong camera or make my other camera the home one.

Thanks and apologies for the explanation if confusing.

Jason

AMD Threadripper 3990x 64C Processor, 128 GB DDR4-3200 Ram, 48 GB PNY Quadro RTX A6000, ​Windows Pro 10.0.19045, 3dsmax 2024 SP3, Vray 6 Update 2.1, Vantage 2.3.0​

Now my question is when something like this happens is there no way of bringing in just a new camera again or forcing Vantage to render the other camera?​
    If you are rendering a sequence, you can change the camera by right clicking on the "scene" animation track and changing the "active camera".

Click image for larger version

Name:	active_camera.png
Views:	100
Size:	78.4 KB
ID:	1175926

I think you can export just the cameras in the scene by selecting them in 3dsMax, then going to V-Ray -> .vrscene exporter and selecting the "Export selection only" option.
    You can drag & drop the camera only scene in Vantage and choose to "merge" it with the existing scene.
    You would still need to change the active camera.

Greetings,
    Vladimir Nedev
    Vantage developer, e-mail: vladimir.nedev@chaos.com , for licensing problems please contact : chaos.com/help

Comment

Thanks vladimir.nedev, I'll give that a go next time it happens, much appreciated for the tip.

Kind regards,

Jason
      AMD Threadripper 3990x 64C Processor, 128 GB DDR4-3200 Ram, 48 GB PNY Quadro RTX A6000, ​Windows Pro 10.0.19045, 3dsmax 2024 SP3, Vray 6 Update 2.1, Vantage 2.3.0​

Comment

Working...
      X