Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Render Animation with Vantage

Hi,

I'm trying to render an animated camera in max with vantage - everything else is static.

I'm using the Render Animation with Vantage but, there are some settings in vantage I need to change; Opacity Clipping, Bloom, Samples, Noise, High-light burn. The render starts without the option to change these parameters - what is the best way to do the render I need?

Thanks,N

Hi NorthVisualStudio,

I would suggest to first start Live Link, make the necessary changes to Opacity, Post effects(Bloom, Highlight burn, etc) and in the Render Animation with Vantage dialog set the resolution, samples, denoiser and noise threshold.
    Please try it out and tell me if it works for you.

Best regards,
    Alexander
    Alexander Atanasov

V-Ray for Unreal & Chaos Vantage QA

Chaos

Comment

Hi Alexander, that works thanks!

One other thing I was wondering is the exposure settings, what is the best way to make sure the exposure is the same in max and vantage? I use the frame buffer usually with an Exposure to tone down the over bright areas.

Comment

Hi NorthVisualStudio,

I would suggest to set the correct exposure within the VRayPhysicalCamera instead of the VFB. This way the scene should look the same in the VFB and inside Vantage. You could set up the Exposure bias (in the Post tab) beforehand when in Live link to set the Highlight burn as I suggested in my previous post, but if you set it in the camera inside Max is preferable.

Best regards,
        Alexander
        Alexander Atanasov

V-Ray for Unreal & Chaos Vantage QA

Chaos

Comment

I've just started using Vantage and have to say, it's almost too good to be true. The render times are unbelievable, there's a few things I'd like to see added but at the moment it's seriously impressive.
          Last edited by NorthVisualStudio; 29-03-2023, 03:11 AM. Reason: typo

Comment

Originally posted by NorthVisualStudio View Post
            I've just started using Vantage and have to say, it's almost too good to be true. The render times are unbelievable, there's a few things I'd like to see added but at the moment it's seriously impressive.
            You can start a thread in the "Wishlist" section, if you want to tell us what you would like to see added.

Greetings,
            Vladimir Nedev
            Last edited by vladimir.nedev; 29-03-2023, 09:08 AM.
            Vantage developer, e-mail: vladimir.nedev@chaos.com , for licensing problems please contact : chaos.com/help

Comment

Working...
            X