Update 1.8.5 and LiveLink

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Update 1.8.5 and LiveLink

After the last update I'm having a lot of problems with unexpected crashes via livelink, the connection via livelink isn't working properly either, I have to click the 'render animation' button several times.

Another problem detected is that vantage is rendering the same frame twice, it seems to be a problem in the latest version of vray.

https://drive.google.com/drive/folde...usp=share_link

Comment

I downgraded to Vray version 6.10.04 and the same frame rendering issue was resolved, I used vantage 1.8.5

Probably the problem is in vray version 6.10.06, which also seems to be slower to start the link and send the geometry to vantage.
      Vantage 1.8.5 is working, but I still have problems with crashes, example: sometimes when the livelink is started, Vantage crashes at the time of "Scene Ready"

I also had twice problems with crashes in the middle of rendering an animation.
      Last edited by pablo_vinicius; 22-04-2023, 04:45 PM.

Comment

In all cases, it's Vantage that crashes, not 3dsMax ?

Do you think it's scene specific or it happens on any scene ?
        In any case, it will be helpful if you could send us one of the scenes which has crashed Vantage.

Greetings,
        Vladimir Nedev
        Vantage developer, e-mail: vladimir.nedev@chaos.com , for licensing problems please contact : chaos.com/help

Comment

Originally posted by vladimir.nedev View Post
          In all cases, it's Vantage that crashes, not 3dsMax ?

Do you think it's scene specific or it happens on any scene ?
          In any case, it will be helpful if you could send us one of the scenes which has crashed Vantage.

Greetings,
          Vladimir Nedev
          Hi, Vladimir.
          I tested some more old and new scenes and the problem persists only in version 1.8.5 of Vantage, in version 1.8.4 everything runs fine

I made a screen recording and you can see that sometimes the scene opens and sometimes it doesn't.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1CdW...usp=share_link

Comment

When this happens, do you see new "Vantage_b*_p*.dmp" files in your %temp% folder ?

Greetings,
            Vladimir Nedev
            Vantage developer, e-mail: vladimir.nedev@chaos.com , for licensing problems please contact : chaos.com/help

Comment

Hi pablo_vinicius,

Unfortunately I am unable to reproduce this. Can you send us the scene so we can try it on our end? You can upload your scene to wetransfer / gdrive / dropbox / mega, etc , use the help center (https://support.chaos.com/) and link this forum thread.

Best regards,
              Alexander​
              Alexander Atanasov

V-Ray for Unreal & Chaos Vantage QA

Chaos

Comment

Hi guys,

Since I've updated to 1.8.5 I'm experiencing some lag issues in both 3ds Max (2023) and Vantage UI when I'm working live-link.
                This occurs every time I made something in 3dsmax; add a modifier, plug a map into a material, modify some parameters, etc...
                Basically, every action which requires "to be sent" from 3ds to vantage causes the UI to freeze for like 1 sec.
                Luckily I'm not experiencing any crashes.

This was not happening with the previous versions.

I have an RTX3090 with the 531.61 Driver.

Thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by mirko_pignotti View Post
                  Hi guys,

Since I've updated to 1.8.5 I'm experiencing some lag issues in both 3ds Max (2023) and Vantage UI when I'm working live-link.
                  This occurs every time I made something in 3dsmax; add a modifier, plug a map into a material, modify some parameters, etc...
                  Basically, every action which requires "to be sent" from 3ds to vantage causes the UI to freeze for like 1 sec.
                  Luckily I'm not experiencing any crashes.

This was not happening with the previous versions.

I have an RTX3090 with the 531.61 Driver.

Thanks!
                  Can you test the exact same scene in a previous Vantage version and confirm that the issue was not present ?

Have you updated V-Ray for 3ds Max ?
                  The issues you are describing sound like something happening in V-Ray for 3ds Max itself.

Greetings,
                  Vladimir Nedev

Comment

Hi Vladimir,

I'm currently working on a couple of scenes that were working really fine with the previous version.
                    And yes, Vray 6 is updated to the 1.1

Thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by mirko_pignotti View Post
                      Hi Vladimir,

I'm currently working on a couple of scenes that were working really fine with the previous version.
                      And yes, Vray 6 is updated to the 1.1

Thanks!
                      Can you try opening the following file in an editor (in administrator) mode:

C:\Program Files\Chaos Group\Vantage\dcc_scripts\3dsMax\Vantage-LiveLink.ms

and delete the following line

vr.ipr_useRenderState = true

Then save the file.
                      You will have to restart 3dsMax for the change to take effect.
                      After that try again if the live link starts working as expected.

Greetings,
                      Vladimir Nedev
                      Last edited by vladimir.nedev; 26-04-2023, 05:51 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Alexander.Atanasov View Post
                        Hi pablo_vinicius,

Unfortunately I am unable to reproduce this. Can you send us the scene so we can try it on our end? You can upload your scene to wetransfer / gdrive / dropbox / mega, etc , use the help center (https://support.chaos.com/) and link this forum thread.

Best regards,
                        Alexander​
                        The problem is not in a specific scene, it is in all scenes.
                        In version 1.8.4 it is working perfectly.

I saw reports in the facebook group about the same problem​

Comment

Originally posted by vladimir.nedev View Post
                          When this happens, do you see new "Vantage_b*_p*.dmp" files in your %temp% folder ?

Greetings,
                          Vladimir Nedev
                          Doesn't generate any files after crash

Comment

I did some procedures that I saw in a similar topic on the forum and apparently the problem of loading the scene by livelink was solved.
                            The cause of this was the Cosmos.

I will continue testing to see if it happens again.

Comment

Originally posted by pablo_vinicius View Post
                              I did some procedures that I saw in a similar topic on the forum and apparently the problem of loading the scene by livelink was solved.
                              The cause of this was the Cosmos.

I will continue testing to see if it happens again.
                              How did you solve it - by uninstalling Cosmos ?

Greetings,
                              Vladimir Nedev

Comment

Working...
                              X