Nested .vrscene not coming across to Vantage

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nested .vrscene not coming across to Vantage

I have a scene in Rhino that contains a placed .vrscene with a lot of instanced .vrmesh files. Now I export everything as a .vrscene again and open it in Vantage. The result is that somehow the placed .vrscene does not show at all. It is also not listed in the Objects panel.

How come? Is nesting .vrscene files not supported in Vantage?

Scene in Rhino:

Click image for larger version

Name:	image.png
Views:	207
Size:	2.57 MB
ID:	1180390

Scene in Vantage:

Click image for larger version

Name:	image.png
Views:	111
Size:	1.45 MB
ID:	1180391

Notice how in the objects panel in Vantage it doesn't mention the "230510_Pattern Vray Proxy Instances".

Any ideas? I can also send the files across if needed.

Thanks.

Yes, this is not supported in the current release.
    We have it supported for future major releases however, if that's any consolation.

Greetings,
    Vladimir Nedev
    Vantage developer, e-mail: vladimir.nedev@chaos.com , for licensing problems please contact : chaos.com/help

Comment

Originally posted by vladimir.nedev View Post
      We have it supported for future major releases however, if that's any consolation.
      It is! Any idea on rough time-frame? I take it that would be Vantage 2.0? Seeing how good Vantage is already, I am super excited for it. Like I mentioned before, having the full Asset Editor like in the plugins would be incredible!

Comment

It is! Any idea on rough time-frame? I take it that would be Vantage 2.0? Seeing how good Vantage is already, I am super excited for it.
        Yes, 2.0, can't say about a time-frame, as it depends on a lot of stuff. Hopefully relatively soon.

Like I mentioned before, having the full Asset Editor like in the plugins would be incredible!
        That won't be there, in the initial version at least.

Greetings,
        Vladimir Nedev
        Vantage developer, e-mail: vladimir.nedev@chaos.com , for licensing problems please contact : chaos.com/help

Comment

Not sure if you do beta's of Vantage, but if you do, we can test it with some heavy scenes

Comment

Working...
          X