Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vantage 1.8.5 livelink slow down

Hi guys,

I'm rendering an animation through 3dsmax / livelink / anima & forest pack etc, now the render frames yesterday were 8 seconds, this morning they are about 90 seconds, scene is consistent all the way through, only thing changing is the animated people and some phoenix fountains. Anyone else have this slow down problem?

Previously & successfully I have found sending the whole file to Vantage (350gb file) as a standalone to work the best, it takes 7 hours to transfer but renders quick and doesn't fail (10 seconds per frame), unfortunately this only works under the beta version (1.9.7), unfortunately we have license issues so are unable to use the beta at the moment.

Any help appreciated.

I can't send the send as it's too large.

Thanks,

Jason

AMD Threadripper 3990x 64C Processor, 128 GB DDR4-3200 Ram, 48 GB PNY Quadro RTX A6000, ​Windows Pro 10.0.19045, 3dsmax 2024 SP3, Vray 6 Update 2.1, Vantage 2.3.0​

Hi, thanks for posting.

the render frames yesterday were 8 seconds, this morning they are about 90 seconds, scene is consistent all the way through, only thing changing is the animated people and some phoenix fountains
    Do you have the scene before the changes? If you do please run a test and let us know how it goes. If the scene renders faster before the changes you mention and slower after that there is a high chance there is some issue with these changes.
    Vladimir Krastev | chaos.com
    Chaos Support Representative | contact us

Comment

Working...
    X