Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Playback Jerky Due to Frames being Randomly Saved Twice

Hi,

I mentioned this in another thread however, I thought it was worthy of its own thread in this sub-forum.

Vantage will render a frame (for example) frame 1, which it will save as frame 1 and then save frame 1 again as frame 2. It will then render frame 3 and save it as frame 3 - and so on resulting in jerky playback when completed.

I believe the issue is that Vantage renders the frame before the scene assets have fully loaded. Is there a workaround for this?

I'm rendering the same model that worked perfectly four weeks ago, so I'm not sure what's happened.

Thanks,
    N

Originally posted by NorthVisualStudio View Post
    Hi,

I mentioned this in another thread however, I thought it was worthy of its own thread in this sub-forum.

Vantage will render a frame (for example) frame 1, which it will save as frame 1 and then save frame 1 again as frame 2. It will then render frame 3 and save it as frame 3 - and so on resulting in jerky playback when completed.

I believe the issue is that Vantage renders the frame before the scene assets have fully loaded. Is there a workaround for this?

I'm rendering the same model that worked perfectly four weeks ago, so I'm not sure what's happened.

Thanks,
    N
    I've noticed this too but it seems mainly the 1st 2 frames that are messed up. The rest are normal
    Kind Regards,
    Morne

Comment

It's happening consistently through an 800 frame camera path.

I'm thinking of maybe increasing the settings to increase the pre-render time to allow the scene to load. I'm relatively new to Vantage and haven't had time to fully understand how it works, so I'm relying on the developers to provide a potential workaround or solution.

Comment

Hi N,

Can you please try the suggestion here: https://forums.chaos.com/forum/chaos...79#post1179179 and report your findings?

Best regards,
        Alexander
        Alexander Atanasov

V-Ray for Unreal & Chaos Vantage QA

Chaos

Comment

Hi Alexander,

I deleted the line in the file Vantage-LiveLink.ms but, although the Live Link worked, Render Animation With Chaos Vantage doesn't work at all.

I'm going to reinstall Vantage.

Comment

I'm rendering the same model that worked perfectly four weeks ago, so I'm not sure what's happened.​
            Maybe you updated from Vantage 1.8.4 to Vantage 1.8.5 ?

Greetings,
            Vladimir Nedev
            Vantage developer, e-mail: vladimir.nedev@chaos.com , for licensing problems please contact : chaos.com/help

Comment

Downgrading to 1.8.4 has seemed to solve the issue.

Comment

I'm also getting double frames in 1.8.5. I also tried deleting the line in Vantage-LiveLink.ms, but it did not help. Also tried resetting all VrayGPU setting - no help. Any other ideas (other than downgrading)?

Comment

The only solution I found was down grading, it works perfectly with 1.8.4.

Comment

Working...
                  X