Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Long Render Times for Basic Scene

Hi,

I have a basic scene which is taking more time to render than I would expect. Would it be possible for someone in the Dev team to have a look and see if it's the model or the Vantage settings?

https://www.transfernow.net/dl/20230...UiWv6/uqahKlTb

Thanks,
    N

Seems to be running pretty fast on my RTX 3080 - 180 fps at 720p resolution.

1. Are you using the "live link animation" feature or are you exporting to .vrscene and opening that in Vantage ?
    2. What resolution are you rendering at ? With a scene this simple, the saving of the output images to disk might be the slowest part of animation rendering.
    3. What are your render times and what do you expect them to be ?

Greetings,
    Vladimr Nedev
    Vantage developer, e-mail: vladimir.nedev@chaos.com , for licensing problems please contact : chaos.com/help

Comment

I'm using Live Link at 1080 and saving to png with no alpha. I think the issue is the settings, samples 2500 and Noise threshold 0.005.

For the full scene of 250 frames it was taking 3 or 4 hours with the entire environment including alot of forest pack assets and the drone. The model I sent was just the drone in a separate model and it was going to take the same time to render - is that normal?

Vantage is unbelievably fast at rendering but I'm still getting used to its inner workings and the best way to optimise them.

Thanks,
      N

Comment

I'm using Live Link at 1080 and saving to png with no alpha. I think the issue is the settings, samples 2500 and Noise threshold 0.005.​
        For outdoor scenes 2500 AA samples is probably too much, I am guessing you can get good quality with much less than that.

The model I sent was just the drone in a separate model and it was going to take the same time to render - is that normal?
        My guess would be that just the drone would render much faster. What's the FPS for the whole scene and for the drone by itself ?

Greetings,
        Vladimir Nedev
        Vantage developer, e-mail: vladimir.nedev@chaos.com , for licensing problems please contact : chaos.com/help

Comment

Working...
        X