Vantage Timeline frame 0

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vantage Timeline frame 0

Hello, I'm trying to understand how this timeline works in Vantage. I have a vrscene with anim that starts on frame 1. I export the scene and load it into vantage, but it seems like I'm always short 1 frame with my render.

For example. Shot is frames 1-20

Seems like vantage wants to render frame 0-19?

When I offset that render sequence to start at frame 1, it's off compared to the footage.

When I leave the vantage render starting at frame 0 , it tracks to the footage, but is now short 1 frame at the tail. I can't seem to find any way to edit the timeline.

How would I go about fixing this?
    Attached Files

How do I offset my vrscene and cam a frame? The timeline seems very counter productive.

It seems all you can do is trim? but not take your anim/cam and shift over a frame. Why does it start at frame zero?

Comment

of if you trim an anim.. it seems you can't get it back? what gives?
      Attached Files

Comment

You can insert a "Pause" on the left, from the context menu.

It looks like you found a new bug we were not aware of. It's true that the left side trim only works one way.

You could also use the global trim marker above it, the vertical gray line.
        Nikola Goranov
        Chaos Developer

Comment

it's not clear on what's getting trimmed. It seems like vantage isnt' trimming and in fact just getting rid of a frame all together. I tried exporting out a vrscene with and extra frame at the head and an extra frame at tail and that seems to fix it. We just really need vantage to read 1 to 1 the frame range of vrscene , if not.. be able to grab a seq in the timeline and easily shift to 1 or whatever frame is needed.

I will be able to show the project I'm working on in 2 weeks. I feel like I'm the only one using vantage in vfx production. It's insane and awesome, but just needs some basic things like this to make life easier and less confusing.

for now.. what is the way to shift my anim from max frames 1-20, that comes in to vantage at 0-19?

Because using the grey time slider doesn't do it. It just eats frames away.

Also.. if you trim your anim scene.. you can't get it back. You have to close, lose all your work and restart.

Comment

what is the context menu? I see 3 buttons in the timeline and little to no docs on this stuff.

Comment

Have you really searched for docs? [Help->Documentation Homepage] and you can find this page https://docs.chaos.com/display/LAV/Animation+Editor

"Context menu" is a universal software term for a right-click menu.
              Nikola Goranov
              Chaos Developer

Comment

yeah.. I've reread it all 5 times of the 5 options you have when you right click " go to start, go to end" . And still no clear answer on why it comes in at frame zero and how to shift your animscene and cam to start at frame 1 or 1001 for that matter. Also .. when you go to render out a seq

Comment

If I understand correctly you want the output files to start from 001 instead of 000. This should work if you add a one frame pause on the scene animation track and set start frame to 1 in the render dialog.
                  Nikola Goranov
                  Chaos Developer

Comment

Working...
                  X