No announcement yet.

Chaos Vantage not rendering ForestPack items after updating to Vray 6, update 2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chaos Vantage not rendering ForestPack items after updating to Vray 6, update 2

Hi Chaos,

Vantage was not making any ForestPack items visible / renderable after updating to the latest vray version. RailClone was working fine & Chaos Scatter was working fine, but no forestpack items were rendering.

After rollingback to Vray 6 update 1.2, the items became renderable again

Can you please fix this

here are my pc specs

Click image for larger version  Name:	image.png Views:	0 Size:	22.0 KB ID:	1196620
    Click image for larger version  Name:	image.png Views:	0 Size:	2.1 KB ID:	1196621

Forest Pack Pro v8.2.5
    Vantage 2 Update 1.1

Thanks,

Max
    Attached Files
    Last edited by max_gonzales; 04-12-2023, 10:55 PM.

Hi, thanks for posting. For now Forest Pack and Rail Clone are not supported in Vantage with the latest version of V-Ray. Please check this thread, especially post number 5.
    Vladimir Krastev | chaos.com
    Chaos Support Representative | contact us

Comment

Hi max_gonzales,

We have released version 2.2.0 of Vantage which adds support for the new way V-Ray for 3ds Max exports Forest and Railclone objects. Can you please download the new version and check if it works for you?

Best regards,
      Alexander
      Alexander Atanasov

V-Ray for Unreal & Chaos Vantage QA

Chaos

Comment

Hi Alexander,

Thanks for the response, yes everything is working as normal now. Love the new Displacement & Fur support! Kudos for implimenting this.

A few support features that would really help me as an artist move completely into vantage would be:

1. VrayUVWRandomiser & VrayTriplanar Support for opacity & bump
        2. Orthographic width matching 3ds Max viewport width
        3. Object based motion blur (not camera based)
        4. Brighter render passes
        5. 3ds Max Batch Render support

Maybe even some day support for the following:
        1. Distance-based tesselation for large scenes (somewhat akin to nanite for unreal)
        2. VrayEnmesh & Decal support

Otherwise, i'm blown away with the advances this year from Vantage!

Cheers,

Max

Comment

1. VrayUVWRandomiser & VrayTriplanar Support for opacity
          It's unlikely that we will implement this, as it will most likely have very bad performance.

Greetings,
          Vladimir Nedev
          Vantage developer, e-mail: vladimir.nedev@chaos.com , for licensing problems please contact : chaos.com/help

Comment

Originally posted by vladimir.nedev View Post

It's unlikely that we will implement this, as it will most likely have very bad performance.

Greetings,
            Vladimir Nedev
            Even on a RTX 4090 or RTX 6000 Ada?, let's not forget that in a 1-2 years RTX 5090 or what name will have, it'll be with at least 50% much power than actual Ada gen.

Comment

Originally posted by Alexander.Atanasov View Post
              Hi max_gonzales,

We have released version 2.2.0 of Vantage which adds support for the new way V-Ray for 3ds Max exports Forest and Railclone objects. Can you please download the new version and check if it works for you?

Best regards,
              Alexander
              I have installed Vray 6, update 2 and Vantage 2.2.0 and now forest pack isn't mapping forest edge anymore. If i revert back to vantage 2.1.1 and Vray 6, update 1.2 then forest pack maps forest edge correctly. It also seems to doing something similar with chaos scatter and it's edge trimming.

Comment

Hi brad_zubrick,

V-Ray 6, Update 2 has changed the way forest edge and edge trimming in scatter is exported and we do not support it yet. You do not need to revert back to 2.1.1 version of Vantage, just V-Ray will be sufficient. This will be fixed for the next minor release, however it will not be addresses in the next patch that we will try to release this week, it is mainly aimed to fix crashes.

Best regards,
                Alexander
                Alexander Atanasov

V-Ray for Unreal & Chaos Vantage QA

Chaos

Comment

Originally posted by Alexander.Atanasov View Post
                  Hi brad_zubrick,

V-Ray 6, Update 2 has changed the way forest edge and edge trimming in scatter is exported and we do not support it yet. You do not need to revert back to 2.1.1 version of Vantage, just V-Ray will be sufficient. This will be fixed for the next minor release, however it will not be addresses in the next patch that we will try to release this week, it is mainly aimed to fix crashes.

Best regards,
                  Alexander
                  Thank you for the response. I have verified that if I install Vantage 2.2.0 and leave at V-Ray 6, Update 1.2, Forest Pack Edge Boundary Checking and the Opacity Mapping is working correctly. see images. I see that Vantage 2.2.1 is now available, does this correct the issue with the opacity mapping or will I have to wait for the next V-Ray 6 update?

Comment

I see that Vantage 2.2.1 is now available, does this correct the issue with the opacity mapping or will I have to wait for the next V-Ray 6 update?
                    No, it's not implemented, you will have to wait for the next Vantage update however, not V-Ray.

Greetings,
                    Vladimir Nedev
                    Last edited by vladimir.nedev; 15-12-2023, 09:53 AM.
                    Vantage developer, e-mail: vladimir.nedev@chaos.com , for licensing problems please contact : chaos.com/help

Comment

Working...
                    X