Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Vantage 2.2 and Vray 6.2 Scatter not working.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vantage 2.2 and Vray 6.2 Scatter not working.

Having eagerly downloaded the new version of both SketchUp 6.2 and Vantage 2.2, I'm finding that Scatter is not showing in Vantage. This is in addition to the issues I have found using Displacement within Vantage from SketchUp also. (see other post)
    So far my experience with the new Vantage has been somewhat frustrating. At least with Vantage 2.1 and Vray for Sketchup 6.1 the scatter function was picked up by Vantage.

I have tried both the studio driver and latest game drivers from NVidia to rule them out as the issue.

Chaos, can you please provide some light on this and my issues with Displacement.

Thanks.

Last edited by NRH1981; 10-12-2023, 01:36 AM.

Having eagerly downloaded the new version of both SketchUp 6.2 and Vantage 2.2, I'm finding that Scatter is not showing in Vantage.
    V-Ray for SketchUp 6.2 exports the Scatter objects in a way that's currently not supported by Vantage.
    You have to go back to V-Ray for SketchUp 6.1 or wait for a Vantage update if you want to use Scatter.

Greetings,
    Vladimir Nedev
    Vantage developer, e-mail: vladimir.nedev@chaos.com , for licensing problems please contact : chaos.com/help

Comment

Thanks Vladimir for confirming.
      I don’t understand why Chaos would release it before it is supported. If the platforms were supplied by different developers then I would understand but given it’s in house I would have thought it would have been integrated first.
      I also found the new scatter to be buggy and the new overlay scatter preview (using SU2023) is not responsive. In some cases I had to change something on the host plane/massing to get it to start representing the array.
      Still, the new scatter function does certainly look promising but until it is supported by Vantage I reluctantly will need to keep using the third party Skatter plugin.

Hopefully Chaos Vantage speak to Chaos SketchUp at the Christmas party and sort out a solution.

Comment

I don’t understand why Chaos would release it before it is supported. If the platforms were supplied by different developers then I would understand but given it’s in house I would have thought it would have been integrated first.​
        Sorry about this, we didn't have time to add support for the new Scatter in V-Ray for Sketchup.
        We would have to push all releases after the new year to make this happen and not everyone uses Vantage to make this necessary.

I also found the new scatter to be buggy and the new overlay scatter preview (using SU2023) is not responsive. In some cases I had to change something on the host plane/massing to get it to start representing the array.​
        It's best to report this in the V-Ray for Sketchup forums (the devs there will probably need more info to reproduce it), as it's not related to Vantage.

Greetings,
        Vladimir Nedev
        Vantage developer, e-mail: vladimir.nedev@chaos.com , for licensing problems please contact : chaos.com/help

Comment

Thanks Vlad, I’m hopeful that the dev team at Vantage will integrate the new SU scatter early in 2024 or before. Without active scatter/vantage we have to rely in an older version and third party apps.
          Is the displacement issue (see other post) also related to the new SU Vray 6.2 or has it also not been fully integrated as well?

Comment

Is the displacement issue (see other post) also related to the new SU Vray 6.2 or has it also not been fully integrated as well?​
            That issue is most likely not related to V-Ray 6.2 for Sketchup. We will check it next week.

Greetings,
            Vladimir Nedev

Comment

Thanks Vlad, I’m hopeful that the dev team at Vantage will integrate the new SU scatter early in 2024 or before. Without active scatter/vantage we have to rely in an older version and third party apps.​
              Vantage 2.2.2 that we released this week has support for the Scatter in V-Ray 6.2 for SketchUp.

Greetings,
              Vladimir Nedev

Comment

Hello NRH1981,

I would like to inform you that support for Scatter has been added to recent Vantage updates. Please download the latest update here.

Wish you great renders!
                Natalia Gruzdova | chaos.com
                Chaos Support Representative | contact us

Comment

Natalia, and Vladimir, thansk for the updates. We are still trying to get some of the new features of Skatter figured out but its working well with Vantage!

Comment

Working...
                  X