Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New problems with update 2.2

Hello,

My scene is not rendering with this new Vantage version. It created a dump file and is attached.

Can i have some assistance?
    Attached Files

Could you share a scene file (native format or vrscene) so we could look deeper into this issue. The dump gives us some clue but it's not enough. If you can't share it publicly etc. use this form and link the forum thread: https://support.chaos.com/hc/en-us/requests/new
    Nikola Goranov
    Chaos Developer

Comment

It might be a FP thing. I am testing on an empty scene with only Forest Pack and it´s giving me errors as well

Comment

We have a scene from another user that reproduces the same/similar issue .
        However, If it's not too much trouble, can you please send the "empty scene with only Forest Pack" to my e-mail, it could be helpful.

Greetings,
        Vladimir Nedev
        Vantage developer, e-mail: vladimir.nedev@chaos.com , for licensing problems please contact : chaos.com/help

Comment

I ve sent the whole scene on the link you have provided.

Tks!

Comment

As a work around for these crashes (until we release a patch), you can try disabling all animation on your ForestPro objects.
            This has the additional benefit of not exporting the ForestPro instances on each frame, which can save a lot of time when rendering an animation.

One reason for a ForestPro object to be marked as animated is the Limit to Visibility option,
            since that changes the instances each frame if the camera is animated. Make sure that's off.​

Click image for larger version

Name:	forest_pro_limit_to_visibility.png
Views:	168
Size:	11.9 KB
ID:	1197261

Note that I don't have access to your scene yet (support will send it to me tomorrow), so I haven't confirmed this will fix the problem.

Greetings,
            Vladimir Nedev
            Vantage developer, e-mail: vladimir.nedev@chaos.com , for licensing problems please contact : chaos.com/help

Comment

Originally posted by vladimir.nedev View Post
              As a work around for these crashes (until we release a patch), you can try disabling all animation on your ForestPro objects.
              This has the additional benefit of not exporting the ForestPro instances on each frame, which can save a lot of time when rendering an animation.

One reason for a ForestPro object to be marked as animated is the Limit to Visibility option,
              since that changes the instances each frame if the camera is animated. Make sure that's off.​

Click image for larger version

Name:	forest_pro_limit_to_visibility.png
Views:	168
Size:	11.9 KB
ID:	1197261

Note that I don't have access to your scene yet (support will send it to me tomorrow), so I haven't confirmed this will fix the problem.

Greetings,
              Vladimir Nedev
              Yes that might be the issue. But will double check. I was testing different parameters like distance falloffs. Ahould that be kept off as well?

Comment

Originally posted by brunonz View Post

Yes that might be the issue. But will double check. I was testing different parameters like distance falloffs. Ahould that be kept off as well?
                Most likely, yes, although I am not sure.

Greetings,
                Vladimir Nedev

Comment

Working...
                X