Live link rendering go back to original scene

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Live link rendering go back to original scene

Hello, when I use live link, I choose an hdri image in Vantage for lighting. I start the rendering via max Click image for larger version

Name:	image.png
Views:	100
Size:	17.5 KB
ID:	1199542​and when the rendering start in return to original scene, no more hdri. Any clue?

While live link is active the host application (3ds Max) is the source of scene data and would override any changes you make inside Vantage (unless you stop the link and continue in Vantage independently). We've locked part of the UI in Vantage, maybe the environment option should have been locked too. Camera changes are not locked in Vantage for convenience.
    Nikola Goranov
    Chaos Developer

Comment

I've tried to add hdr also in environment and same thing hapen. Before the last update, I've use to work like that and it was OK

Comment

Do you mean you set the image in V-Ray's environment settings (as a GI or background texture)?
        Nikola Goranov
        Chaos Developer

Comment

No, I only add in Max the lite i use for my items and in Vantage I add the environment lighting

Comment

Set everything in Max. As I said it will overwrite changes you make in Vantage, so you have to do it in Max.
            Nikola Goranov
            Chaos Developer

Comment

OK, I add an hdri in the environment of max. Then I open the live link and the hdri doesn't lite the scene. I add a dome light with this same hdri and nothing. So I really dont understand what i'm doing wrong.

And also, when I start the render animation, the popup with the progression doesn't appear.

I've have always work with the global lithing from Vantage with the live link and I never add any issue. I'm getting very frustrated!
              Last edited by jsiamrd01; 11-01-2024, 04:10 PM.

Comment

Can you please record a video showing these issues, so we can follow along the exact steps you are doing ?

Greetings,
                Vladimir Nedev
                Vantage developer, e-mail: vladimir.nedev@chaos.com , for licensing problems please contact : chaos.com/help

Comment

Working...
                X