Strange highlights in Vantage

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Strange highlights in Vantage

I also tried rotating the texture 90 degrees in the material editor, this strange highlights also appeared.

Click image for larger version

Name:	03215444.jpg
Views:	147
Size:	359.1 KB
ID:	1200324
    Attached Files
    Software: 3DsMax 2021.3 / 2024.2 | VRay 6 GPU + Chaos Vantage
    Hardware: i9-13900k | RTX 4090
    e-mail: imhill820@gmail.com

Hi, thanks for posting. I am not able to replicate the issue in a simple scene.
    Click image for larger version

Name:	2024-01-22_11-44-39.gif
Views:	108
Size:	3.56 MB
ID:	1200330

Have you done anything in Vantage or only started Live Link and the issue appears? Is it still happening in a new scene?
    If the issue is happening only in this scene, send it for review here or through the support contact form.
    Vladimir Krastev | chaos.com
    Chaos Support Representative | contact us

Comment

Hi hill_lam,

The issue is with the bump map, there is a 90 rotation in the W. If you remove the rotation the shading will be correct: https://drive.google.com/uc?id=1-R50...-OzaOCuUmOOYXX

Try using non-rotated textures for bump. We will investigate the issue further to see of we can fix it.

Best regards,
      Alexander

Alexander Atanasov

V-Ray for Unreal & Chaos Vantage QA

Chaos

Comment

I have experienced something like this before and it is an issue with Bump map implementation. I just tested your file hill_lam - you were missing the VrayNormalMap in the scene you shared - but if you add that and then attach the bump to that I can emulate the issue you describe.

vladimir_krastev add a VrayNormalMap to the texture and put the bump bitmap into the bump slot of it and you will see what he is talking about.

I think there are some oddities with the current Bump implementation in Vantage and rotating the bump map seems to remove the bump entirely resulting in a flat reflective surface. See screenshots attached for example and the UV rotation on the bitmap
        Attached Files

Comment

I believe bump rotation UV rotation goes through the shading graph subsystem and as such is not supported (no shading graphs for bump maps).
          Nikola Goranov
          Chaos Developer

Comment

Working...
          X