Noise on frosted glass in animation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Noise on frosted glass in animation

I have an issue with frosted glass in animation. There is a lot of noise(splotches) on objects with these materials. I've noticed that by eliminating the refraction glossiness, the noise disappears. Is there a way to fix it? If you need, I can share some examples. Thank you

In the attached link there is an example of the problem.
    On the left, the version with transparent glass, on the right, the version with opaque glass.
    On the right, you can see some noise on the glazed surfaces.
    The sequences are made with vrscene and in the attached image, there are the options that I am using.(denoiser NvidiaOptiX with 1000 render samples).
    I wonder if it's something about the HDRI map
    Thank you

Comment

This is the link to the video

Comment

Thisi is another example

Comment

I think the only solution right now is to reduce the value of "clamp secondary rays".
          How are you lighting the scene besides an HDRI ? It it self-illuminated materials ?
          Have you tested V-Ray ? Does it have the same problem ?

Greetings,
          Vladimir Nedev

Vantage developer, e-mail: vladimir.nedev@chaos.com , for licensing problems please contact : chaos.com/help

Comment

Good morning, thank you for the quick response.
            I will try to perform a test by lowering that value.
            In the scene, in addition to the HDRI, there are some area lights and various emissive materials. Unfortunately, I have not tested Vray yet.
            I thank you once again.

Comment

Hello, quick update...I fix it lowering the opacity of the glass materials!

Comment

Working...
              X