Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

HDR Environment Vanishes the moment I start rendering..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HDR Environment Vanishes the moment I start rendering..

Hi

Using a Vray Bitmap with an HDR file as a background - both in 3ds max and inside Vantage. I see it in the Vantage viewport but the second I pressed render - it was gone ! I used this in a different scene and it worked...
    3ds Max 2016/2021 (Vray 5.005), Windows 10 64bit , AMD 32/64 Cores, 128 gigs RAM , 2X GTX1070 8GB RAM

Hi nirsul,

Can you send a video that represent the issue? Does this happen in Live link or with a vrscene?

Best regards,
    Alexander
    Alexander Atanasov

V-Ray for Unreal & Chaos Vantage QA

Chaos

Comment

SOLVED
      It seems that I had to put the HDR in the Background slot and not in the Sky. Could it be different in the previous version of Vantage ?Click image for larger version

Name:	vantage HDR.png
Views:	70
Size:	160.0 KB
ID:	1200918
      Last edited by nirsul; 29-01-2024, 11:22 AM.
      3ds Max 2016/2021 (Vray 5.005), Windows 10 64bit , AMD 32/64 Cores, 128 gigs RAM , 2X GTX1070 8GB RAM

Comment

You're not using "Same as environment" mode for the background, so it uses the image or color specified in "Background".
        Nikola Goranov
        Chaos Developer

Comment

Hi nirsul,

When using "Rendering animation with Chaos Vantage" in live link anything set in the Sky rollout will be reset to the setup that is inside Max(Dome light/Environment map texture. If 2 Dome lights are present in the Max scene one will be used and the other is skipped, you can see in the debug log which is used). The Background rollout settings do not get reset so that's why it is working and not getting reset.

Best regards,
          Alexander​
          Alexander Atanasov

V-Ray for Unreal & Chaos Vantage QA

Chaos

Comment

Working...
          X