3ds Max Live Link noise problem after +- 200 frames

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 3ds Max Live Link noise problem after +- 200 frames

I am working on an animation for a client. For this I render a sequence via the live link in 3ds max. Now I have a sequence of 250 frames. The first 160 frames go well. But after frame 160 there is a lot of noise in the frame. In earlier frames the noise gets less and less. But after frame 160 the noise does not seem to decrease.

See video via the link where you see frame 160 rendered in the first instance. Then I render frame 0 in which you can clearly see that the noise becomes less and less.

It is a heavy scene with +-18 million poly's. But if I turn off all layers except the layer of the subject. Then the problem persists.

Do you have any suggestions?

The scene contains a lot of sensitive information, so unfortunately I cannot share it with you.

Hi, thanks for posting.

See video via the link where you see frame 160 rendered in the first instance
    Is it clearing out noise in Vantage viewport if you scroll trough the frames using the time slider in 3ds Max? Is it the same behaviour for all frames above 160?​
    Vladimir Krastev | chaos.com
    Chaos Support Representative | contact us

Comment

Hereby a screen capture where the live link is activated and i scroll trough my 3ds max timeline in steps of 25 frames. Frame 0, 25, 50 is fine. But of i come to frame frame 75 you see the noise is not cleared anymore.

I disabled my denoiser so the problem becomes more clear.

Comment

From what I see this resembles a bit to an active issue we have with Railclone and GPU IPR that affects Vantage as well. Could you send us the Vantage log?
        Also for sharing confidential projects you may use the ticketing system.

Comment

I uploaded the log file by your ticketing system.

ID 206497

Comment

Thanks for the log, we will look into it and hopefully it tells us something.
            Could you try to disable dynamic textures checker and let us know if this had any effect on the issue?
            Click image for larger versionName:	vantage_2024-02-09_12-57-48.jpgViews:	0Size:	74.1 KBID:	1201702

Comment

I've tried to disable the dynamic textures but it didn't solve the problem unfortunately.

Comment

We found the problem.

An object was linked with a link constraint to an IK Chain from a Spline IK solver. If we remove the direct link to the IK Chain and put a dummy in between. The problem was solved.

So the file is working properly now. I hope it is clear and you have something about this information.

If you need further information let me know!

Comment

Working...
                X