Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anima People time-lapse effects

Hello,
    I'm trying to make a time-lapse animation with anima people, following the tutorial link below.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NoFOC3AiL6Q&t=129s

However, when I increase the playback speed from Anima as the direction in the tutorial, Vantage doesn't pick up the adjusted playback speed.
    It just renders normal speed that it doesn't create the motion blur effect at all.

I hope we fix this soon.

Hi, thanks for posting.
    What is your complete workflow? Do you use 3ds Max and how do you export your scene to Vantage?
    Vladimir Krastev | chaos.com
    Chaos Support Representative | contact us

Comment

camouflage98 I am currently doing something very similar.

I logged onto the forums just to ask the same question.

In Anima I set the playback speed to %1200. Once back in Max-LiveLink-Vantage the playback was super slow.
      I fixed that by adjusting the speed in Max on the Command Panel/Modify tab after selecting the anima parent. See image
      Click image for larger version  Name:	image.png Views:	0 Size:	71.2 KB ID:	1201890

That fixed my playback issue, but I can't for the life of me get the motion blur to work.

I am using a vray physical camera.
      I have checked the motion blur box on the camera, in vantage, and in vantage when rendering the animation
      I have set my Shutter Speed to 2
      I have set Vantages - Motion Blur - Exposure time to 0.100
      I have rendered all 120 frames

Weird thing is as I watch the animation process it appears like on the first pass of the frame that it picks up the motion blur but as is continues the process the frame the blur goes away.​

Comment

Hi, motion blur does not work with deformable geometry in Vantage. The Anima people are deformable geometry and that is why they don't have motion blur. We have this issue logged in our system (LAV-916). I will add your thread to it.
        Vladimir Krastev | chaos.com
        Chaos Support Representative | contact us

Comment

Working...
        X