Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Vantage has become too slow on startup, opening of scene, saving the scene and changing scene states after upgrading from vantage 2.0.0

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

i reinstalled windows and reinstalled everything. i started with vantage 2.2.2 ,vantage started quickly as usual. i opened this scene in it. firstly it still takes a lot of time to open which is fine as the scene is heavy but still it opens slower than previous version.
    Please update to Vantage 2.2.3, we had a performance regression with mesh loading in 2.2.2 that we fixed in 2.2.3.

also its giving a lot of warnings and errors as the scene was made in 2.1.0. so this has been a problem with vantage always whenever i have upgraded and opened an old scene file in new version
    If you mean these warnings : "File load: Could not find object with name 'lights/light022/ Joined Solid Geometry [838722]022'. Some changes will not be applied !",
    they should happen only if you changed the names or hierarchy position in 3dsMax of objects that you modified in Vantage and then reexported your vrscene.
    Vantage uses the full hierarchy name as an identifier for the objects, if you change it, it's not possible to reapply the changes.

now coming to the main problem when i closed this file and started vantage again t he same problem appeared. slow start of vantage. the splash screen opens fine but going to home screen again taking 2 minutes. so somehow issue is related to scene and upgrade. it cant be a totally scene issue otherwise it shudn't open smoothly in 2.1.0 also.​
    So the very first start of Vantage is fast, but subsequent starts are slow, no matter the Vantage version ?
    Can you attach your "%appdata%/Chaos Group/Vantage/vantage.ini file ?
    Also you can try making a backup of it and then deleting it to see if that fixes the slow start up.

so how can i send the file to support team​
    You can start a support ticket here https://support.chaos.com/hc/en-us/requests/new​ and they will give you further instructions.

and how do i copy all the associated files with it. is there any archive feature in vantage like 3dsmax?
    Sorry, we don't have such a feature, but if you make sure to include all the files, even if there paths are wrong, Vantage will be able to find them (as long as there aren't files with the same name in different folders).

Greetings.
    Vladimir Nedev
    Last edited by vladimir.nedev; 03-03-2024, 10:44 AM.
    Vantage developer, e-mail: vladimir.nedev@chaos.com , for licensing problems please contact : chaos.com/help

Comment

I had gone back to using 2.1.0 but recently had a project with CG Source floor generator planks, so loaded the latest version 2.2.3. to see if I could get the multi texture to load correctly, it didn't so checked online again and found a post about directX map size restrictions that I thought would solve the issue. It is working almost, but it is almost impossible to see any other textures in the viewport mostly black. The renders do render correctly but the real time asset is completely wasted. I ran Sinisoftware Scan to check for fur and displacement surfaces, and found one displacement surface, deleted and exported the scene again, 2.2.3 will not even load the scene now, just crashes with GPU memory errors. I have been opening, moving around and rendering images all week with no issue in 2.1 so think I will avoid 2.2.3 until the bugs are sorted.Re installed 2.1 and the texture size works in there so all OK just cant understand why 2.2.3 is so memory hungry when opeing the same file?

Comment

Originally posted by martin_hulse View Post
        I had gone back to using 2.1.0 but recently had a project with CG Source floor generator planks, so loaded the latest version 2.2.3. to see if I could get the multi texture to load correctly, it didn't so checked online again and found a post about directX map size restrictions that I thought would solve the issue. It is working almost, but it is almost impossible to see any other textures in the viewport mostly black. The renders do render correctly but the real time asset is completely wasted. I ran Sinisoftware Scan to check for fur and displacement surfaces, and found one displacement surface, deleted and exported the scene again, 2.2.3 will not even load the scene now, just crashes with GPU memory errors. I have been opening, moving around and rendering images all week with no issue in 2.1 so think I will avoid 2.2.3 until the bugs are sorted.Re installed 2.1 and the texture size works in there so all OK just cant understand why 2.2.3 is so memory hungry when opeing the same file?
        Can you send us the scene that exhibits all these issues please ?

Greetings,
        Vladimir Nedev
        Vantage developer, e-mail: vladimir.nedev@chaos.com , for licensing problems please contact : chaos.com/help

Comment

Working...
        X