Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• load scene as configuration only does not replicate the sun settings

Dear vantage team
    When i work on a scene and I set up the lighting that includes an HDRI rotation, intensity, a sun altitude azimuth, color correction settings.... when i load this scene as configuration only on another root vrscene or even on an empty scene.
    everythign is replicated perfectly except the sun altitude azimuth , sun size and intensity
    neither do so if I save scene state
    can you please fix this
    thanks

Is this a recent issue or has it always been like that ?

Greetings,
    Vladimir Nedev
    Last edited by vladimir.nedev; 27-02-2024, 08:38 AM.
    Vantage developer, e-mail: vladimir.nedev@chaos.com , for licensing problems please contact : chaos.com/help

Comment

Are you using the "Vantage Default Sun" or some other Sun light you have created in 3dsMax ?
      If it's the latter, maybe you have to make sure both root vrscene files have the same name for the Sun, that's how these changes are applied.
      But I haven't checked, if that will be enough.

Greetings,
      Vladimir Nedev
      Vantage developer, e-mail: vladimir.nedev@chaos.com , for licensing problems please contact : chaos.com/help

Comment

I think it is most recent thing.
        I am using the default vantage sun on the environment slot

Comment

Hi again
          After investing a lot I realized what is the problem.
          When a file exported to vantage as vrscene contains vray sun or sky then the settings of environment sun altitude and azimuth are not replicated on another file that contains default vantage sun.
          Can you please find a solution where whatever sun or sky system you bring to vantage it will be stored in a way that can be replicated with environment default vantage sun.
          Specially now that we export vrscenes from rhino, enscape, there is default rhino sun, or sky from enscape, which makes things complicated
          looking forward to your reply

Comment

Hi digital_technologies,

Thank you for this report. I tested with the following cases:
            • we load a .vrscene with sun in it
            • we load a .vrscene without a sun in it
            When saving changes in a .vantage file and then loading it in another scene using the Open File as Config only we get the following results:
            • When loading a .vantage file saved from case 1):
              • in an opened .vrscene that contains a sun - the sun properties are loaded properly
              • in an opened .vrscene that doesn’t contain a sun - the sun properties are not loaded
            • When loading a .vantage file saved from case 2):
              • in an opened .vrscene that contains a sun - the sun properties are not loaded
              • in an opened .vrscene that doesn’t contain a sun - the sun properties are loaded properly

I have logged in the issue under LAV-1805 in our system. We will let you know when there is some development.

Best regards,
            Alexander
            Alexander Atanasov

V-Ray for Unreal & Chaos Vantage QA

Chaos

Comment

Working...
            X