Scrubbing in timeline becomes slow when "scene animation" is on

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Scrubbing in timeline becomes slow when "scene animation" is on

As soon as i switch on "scene animation" scrubbing in the timeline becomes really slow.
    When it is off, it is really no problem and it goes very fast. As soon as i switch it on it becomes really slow.
    Tumbling around in the scene is in both cases just fast and no problem.

This happens even when there is no scene animation in the imported scenes. And becomes worse in bigger scenes.
    Also rendering a high quality sequence becomes slow. When it starts with a new frame it has to think a few more seconds.

In former versions of Vantage it was not the case. I think it started from version 2.1
    Last edited by ivo_bakker; 08-03-2024, 06:51 AM.

This update also affects displacement - it gets updated for the current animation viewpoint. You could reduce the tessellation detail in Preferences, e.g. to Low.
    Nikola Goranov
    Chaos Developer

Comment

The displacement is switched off for this scene.

Is it just because of the amount of polys ?

Comment

This happens even when there is no scene animation in the imported scenes.​
        Are you sure about this ? Can you send us this scene ?

Since a few versions back, scrubbing the timeline also updates deforming meshes and animated image sequences automatically.
        This is the most likely reason it's slow.
        You can disable this behavior by toggling this button off:

Click image for larger version

Name:	auto_update_meshes.png
Views:	54
Size:	9.7 KB
ID:	1203990

Greetings,
        Vladimir Nedev
        Vantage developer, e-mail: vladimir.nedev@chaos.com , for licensing problems please contact : chaos.com/help

Comment

You are right. I did some testing with all the different scenes i have imported in the scene. It works fine as long as i import the static scenes. As soon as i import another scene which had an animated texture then it becomes slow again.
          Toggling the button seems to help.
          Tnx!

Comment

Working...
          X